PDA

View Full Version : Friends know each others names

Luva65wagon
05-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm often reading posts from users who have no signature in their threads and a user name that isn't their name and ask myself, "Have they used their name before?" "Do I want to call them 6365Falconguy?"

The answer of course, is No. We'd all like to know who you are so when we reply to your thread we can call you out by name. So if you have not done so yet, please consider adding a simple salutation at the end of your thread, or adding a signature to your thread so we can remember who you are. If you don't know how to do this, here's how:

1) Look up in the header of the forum and find Quick Links and select "Edit Signature"

2) This will open a little dialog window where you can create what looks to be a post - just like you see here. I've made a screen capture of what my signature looks like, which you can see below.

3) Enter whatever you want to have show at the end of your thread each time. You can be slightly creative with fonts and sizing. Just highlight the text you want to alter and select an action (font, size, bold, etc).

4) Some of us like a picture of our car. You need to have a pretty small thumbnail view of it. Try not to go too big (stay about 80 pixels or less in height). But you will see a place down below the editor for inserting the picture. My picture, for instance - though it looks like two pictures - is really one picture. It's edited to look like two. You can only have one, so this is how I managed. I was crafty and even selected the same color as seen in the threads to divide the two pictures. But that's just me.

5) When done - save your signature and they will magically appear in every thread you've ever done.

6) We will now know you.

7) We will all be happy. :)

SmithKid
05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Okay. I did it. Now you know who I am.

Luva65wagon
05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
And a fine job you did too... Mr. Smith.

redfalken
05-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Been there, done that! When I join a forum I always try to get the basics in my sig. Who, where, what, etc... The more info you can give the less questions you get. Location is also very important, especially if you're looking for large parts that are expensive to ship.

Nice to meet y'all!

MacDee
05-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Okay.
Now y'all know my last name, too!

Luva65wagon
05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Location is also very important, especially if you're looking for large parts that are expensive to ship.

Of course, you can also select 'Quick Links' and then 'Edit Your Details' and, at the very least, enter your location there. We've all assumed because you are posting here you are semi-local to the Seattle area - only to discover you are in Sweden! One of these days we'll realize the world-wide-web means just that. :WHATTHE:

Jeff W
06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Here you go

redfalken
06-16-2012, 11:07 AM
That leads me to a question. I helped Jeff size the photo for his signature but notice it doesn't show up on his older posts. Shouldn't any changes you make to your signature change on all your previous posts???

SmithKid
06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Changes have affected my previous posts

Luva65wagon
06-17-2012, 07:06 PM
It has for mine too. Don't see how it wouldn't.

TechBoss
06-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Hello, my name is Rod Neumann. I've had lots of different Fords over the years, but am currently the proud owner of a 1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible. The car retains the stock color, Wimbleton White, but otherwise has significant adaptations enhancing its look and performance. The interior was transitioned from Palamino (brown/tan) to Black, the manual 3 speed was swapped for a T-10 4 speed, the 260 has been replaced with a 289 and the stock 14" rims have made way for a set of Hurst Dazzler 15x7 (rear) and 15x6 (front) wheels. I am interested in meeting some other Ford/Falcon owners and discovering more about this pre-pony car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiiguu42pigjf5w/tribute4b.jpg

redfalken
06-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Welcome Rod! Do you know Nathan? User name Nathan289. He's a Falcon guy in the Spokane area and chimes in on these forums occasionally. If you hit some car shows, you'll probably see him this summer.

Nice ride!

SmithKid
06-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Agree! Beautiful car, Rod.

Luva65wagon
10-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Steve - here are the instructions I thought I had posted before.

Here is the copy of the text from my sig modified with what might be your information. Edit at will:

Steve Harwood
Dog House Powdercoating

63 Sedan Delivery
powered by: 5.0 | AOD | 9" rear

I did a quick edit of a picture of your early side-shot, but if you use this image it will look to be floating on the page. Upload it (option #2 under signature pic) and it will show up on all your previous threads.

Had to upload an image of the code you type in - the forum converted it to what you see above the dual [SIGPIC] portion.

dhbfaster
10-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Hello, my name is Rod Neumann. I've had lots of different Fords over the years, but am currently the proud owner of a 1964 Falcon Sprint Convertible. The car retains the stock color, Wimbleton White, but otherwise has significant adaptations enhancing its look and performance. The interior was transitioned from Palamino (brown/tan) to Black, the manual 3 speed was swapped for a T-10 4 speed, the 260 has been replaced with a 289 and the stock 14" rims have made way for a set of Hurst Dazzler 15x7 (rear) and 15x6 (front) wheels. I am interested in meeting some other Ford/Falcon owners and discovering more about this pre-pony car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiiguu42pigjf5w/tribute4b.jpg

HI Rod,
For some reason I seem to think I recently read an article about you and your car somewhere...? Was it the Seattle Times? Welcome to the forum.

dhbfaster
10-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Ok Roger, thanks for the tutoring...here's the try with the first signature. Hopefully it works...
Well...looks like the pic is quite big....need to shrink it.
Shrunk it now...and just for fun, used the apple blemish tool and partially rubbed out part of the fender dent!

Mikeske
01-02-2015, 01:51 PM
My name is Michael and I posted separate to introduce myself. I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

slautomotive
02-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Happy Monday,

My Name is Will Sando and I am the proud new owner of a 1962 Ford Falcon Futura. I own and operate an auto repair shop in Coeur d Alene, ID but I have always loved restoring Fords from the 50's & 60's (much more character than those mini-van things). I look forward to getting to know you other Ford enthusiasts more.

BillP 98201
02-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Very nice car!

phasmiddy
05-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Hi, new member here, I've already proven what a newbie I am in my posts, hahaha.
I'm Michelle, and my husband is Michael, and we have a '62 wagon.

Do you folks have T-shirts, or thinking about making club shirts, or is that just corny? I have an idea for one, it's really simple if you wanted to see it, basically just the "R" form Rainier Brewing Co (we use in here in Renton for Renton shirts, haha) with the Falcon logo under it.

Hope to meet you all next month :)

SmithKid
05-28-2015, 06:20 PM
Welcome Michelle & Michael. Hope to meet you soon, too.
Our shirts, hats, & much more is available at:

http://www.cafepress.com/rainierfalcons

phasmiddy
05-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Awesome, thank you!!

dhbfaster
05-28-2015, 10:59 PM
HI Michelle & Michael...welcome to the club. Look forward to seeing your wagon...or at least some pics.

phasmiddy
05-29-2015, 09:41 AM
I just posted a few pics, one of when we first obtained her, and a few of her in paint works. I don't have a current picture of the entire car because she is in the shop right now. her name is "Mexican Blonde" and we are going with a Mexican theme.

ew1usnr
05-29-2015, 03:30 PM
I just posted a few pics, one of when we first obtained her, and a few of her in paint works. I don't have a current picture of the entire car because she is in the shop right now. her name is "Mexican Blonde" and we are going with a Mexican theme.

Hello, Michael and Michelle.

I clicked on your web page link and found the photos of your 62 wagon "Mexican Blonde". Very nice! I like the Deluxe trim and the metal gravel panels that they placed on the rear fenders that year. Have you noticed how the back edges of the rear side windows curve in to meet the back window and give a streamlined "boat tail" effect? That is kind of like the wrap-around windshields of the cars in the 1950's.

Have you noticed the little patch of black accent paint in the trim right above the headlight?

You even have the original gas cap. :)

Que Bella!

Soft Taco 84
11-30-2016, 01:41 AM
Hello, all! My name is Richard and I just joined the forum. I'm starting to do a little work to my Falcon and thought this would be a great place for info and advice. I have a convertible '63 Futura with a 170 and manual 4 speed. Looking forward to doing some work on this thing! I want to start driving it on weekends again.

Gitanesteel
12-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Hello, all! My name is Richard and I just joined the forum. I'm starting to do a little work to my Falcon and thought this would be a great place for info and advice. I have a convertible '63 Futura with a 170 and manual 4 speed. Looking forward to doing some work on this thing! I want to start driving it on weekends again.

Welcome Richard - where do you call home? Look forward to some photos of your Falcon.

ew1usnr
12-02-2016, 07:31 PM
I have a convertible '63 Futura with a 170 and manual 4 speed.

Yeaaaa!!!

Soft Taco 84
12-04-2016, 04:10 AM
I'm from Sanford, Florida. I have pictures on my phone but can't figure out how to upload them without a computer. The car has been in my family since the mid 60s. It was my grandfathers car so it really means a lot. I'm really excited about getting to the point where I can drive it regularly.

ew1usnr
12-04-2016, 08:30 AM
I'm from Sanford, Florida. I'm really excited about getting to the point where I can drive it regularly.

It might take some expense and aggravation to get everything on your Falcon working correctly, but keep telling yourself: "This is a hobby. This is a hocbby." Once you get everything worked out you will enjoy the heck out of driving your little convertible. You will cause a stir every time you pull into a gas station or a grocery store parking lot. Falcons are wonderful little cars.

I do not want to steal you away from the Rainier Falcons. These are great guys and they have a terrific bulletin board. But given that you live in Sanford .... you may also want to get in touch with the Sun Coast Falcons, a Florida section of the Falcon Club of America.

See: http://www.flfalcon.com/ and Bill Shira, President, at shirawd@aol.com

Upcoming club events:

Dec 10, 2016 Suncoast Chapter Meeting and Christmas Luncheon, election of officers, Meeting will be at Red Lobster in Old Town Kissimmee, Fl. 11:30 AM.

Jan 7, 2017 23rd Annual Ford and Mustang Round Up at Silver Springs, registration is now open on line www.npdlink.com .

Have fun with your Falcon. Dennis in Tampa. :)

dhbfaster
12-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Hey Soft Taco...welcome to the club! Great to see someone else with their grandfathers car. If you get a chance check out my thread under "show off your ride" called "saving granddad's falcon"
Have fun and looking forward to those pictures when you finally get them off of your phone.

wincampie99
12-15-2016, 11:04 AM
My name is Sofiara.
I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล (http://ballzonereviews.weebly.com/)

Luva65wagon
12-15-2016, 11:14 AM
My name is Sofiara.
I use the handle Mikeske out of habit.

ฟุตบอล (http://ballzonereviews.weebly.com/)

that's awesome!

:confused:

Gitanesteel
01-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Anyone ever thought of a "Friends know what friends look like" thread. We're on a first name basis but, other than my brother, I'm not sure I know what any of you look like. How about a photo of you and your Falcon if you have one.

My first drive in the car in 28 yrs - unfortunately not the clearest photo

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/scozim/1965%20Falcon/Driving.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/scozim/media/1965%20Falcon/Driving.jpg.html)

Luva65wagon
01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Probably not a bad idea. I looked around on the forum and found a couple pictures already, but this one shows (from left to right), Bill Williams, Me (fighting headers), Gene, and Denny Ballard (RIP Denny). We were dropping the engine into Gene's (Smithkid's) Ranchero. The proverbial 1 guy working and 3 guys watching photo if there ever was one.

rman
03-15-2018, 10:10 PM
OK so here's my story:

I found a '65 Ranchero Deluxe biding its time out in Elma back around Halloween 2016 and she sat parked in front of my house for many months. It was stripped of all the trim and had Falcon tailights, but had been modded from the original C4 to a Dagenham 4 on the floor, which at the time seemed sexy. Plus I liked the idea of the 200cid gas mileage for tooling around town.

Then a few months ago I found ANOTHER '65 that is a complete pile of rust, but it has all the trim, including the afterburner tailights. Oh, and it's a 289/C4.

So I finally found a warm dry spot to park one of them and started tinkering on it. There are a bunch of falcon-ish sites on the interwebs and over the months I've been spreading thinner but being as how this is local I'll try to maybe do a project thread since I haven't done very much yet.

And my name is Rafael

Luva65wagon
03-21-2018, 10:29 AM
We like saving Ranchero's around here. Mine was a "made 1 good one out of 2 bad one's" so... good luck to you Rafael...

SmithKid
03-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Mine was also one of the "saved" category. It was found on Camano Island under some evergreens loaded with needles and the accompanying corrosion, with a "running on six" 289 that made it home under it's own power(?) and has since become a pretty nicely presentable runner (12+ years). I wish you the best on your project(s). It's worth it.

Corbin
07-02-2018, 07:15 AM
Howdy,

After wanting a Falcon for years, it all came together for me a few weeks ago. We purchased a house with a shop down in Roy, so what better way to occupy the shop than a new project.

I was taking a very hard look at a car in PA and was considering flying out there to take a look. Then a local car popped up on craigslist, checked it out and drove it 2 hours to it's new home.

The folks that I purchased it from didn't seem to know much about the car however they have the contact info from who they bought it from. So I am anxious to have a chat with them.

The car is was painted recently. They changed the Guardsman Blue to red and put black interior in. The 260 is now a 302 that seems stock except for the longtubes. Someone along the way installed a Hurst Dual Gate along with the console.

There are some things done to the car that make me scratch my head and ask my self "why". For example, the Accel coil had gone out, so they installed another coil but left the Accel mounted to the fender well. That said, that is the fun part, putting your personal touches on the car and fixing it your way.

Luva65wagon
07-07-2018, 09:20 PM
I've read your introduction thread too, but thought I'd reply here first. Looks like a great car to start with. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Also, since this thread was started as an instruction guide to help folks create signatures for their posts... is your name Corbin or is that just a handle?

Corbin
07-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Roger,

Yes my name is Corbin. I don't really care for handle names. I will get my signature updated tonight.

It's been a fun car. Today my brother came over and we ripped out a rat's nest of wiring that previous owners have done. I now feel comfortable knowing that there is minimal risk of a wire fire.

Luva65wagon
07-11-2018, 09:14 AM
Corbin, no worries. When and if is totally up to the user. Being a more local community of Falcon owners (with a few exceptions... and likely more to come) it's just nice to not reply to FalconPerson6365 that way forever.

And yes, ripping out all the wiring will drastically reduce the chance of it catching fire! ;)

sitdracing
08-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Fresh member here, my very first car was a 1967 Falcon Sport Coupe, I now have a 1964 Futura with a 347ci with a procharger. Hello to all!

Luva65wagon
08-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Welcome Fresh Member Sitdracing.

Love the sedan. It's good to see more of these being done. They, and yours, really do look good. Post more pictures and your history with it in the show off your ride section. We'd love to hear more.