View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer Rental?

11-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Looking to tow the falcon to the east side of the state, and then a few months later back home. Anyone know someplace that rents an enclosed trailer?
Also...anyone know how much those enclosed trailers weigh?

11-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Hmm, I might be bringing a willys jeep from the east to the west. Gotta take it to longview.

I wont have an enclosed trailer as I dont know where to rent one

11-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Don, googling "car hauler enclosed rental seattle" came up with u-haul. I used a friends enclosed trailer round trip to central WA a month or so ago and felt it was quite heavy. I'd say it equaled the weight of my 5th wheel RV (5000+lbs) with my Ranchero in it.

Hmmmmm..... maybe you and Nathan could share the use of one?

11-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I was planning to use the uhaul trailer rental to haul it east, but when I haul it back- it will be all cherry with a fresh paint job and winter time...and may not have the windshield and rear window on it yet- (although I could possibly arrange to change that.)

I was planning to tow it with my Acura MDX...rated for 5000 lbs. The open haul trailer should be no problem (especially with no engine in the falcon), but I was a little concerned about the weight of the enclosed one...I do have a neighbor with one close buy that i might go talk to.

Nathan...that could be a definite WIN-WIN! What's your timing?
There are still some things to be confirmed on Phil's end but initial plans were to go east the weekend before thanksgiving (but it can probably be any time around then.) Then I don't need to pick it up and take it back west until around February. That would be fantastic if we can get the timing right for at least one leg of this.

11-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately, the haul that is supposedly planned isn't till December. Its also not a sure thing yet either.
I'm coming over with or with out the jeep/willys this time.
the haul is for my in laws. I'm supposed to Take the jeep from here to my bro in law in Longview. Problem is I was supposed to take it over once before, but something always comes up, and I end up wasting a weekend.

Not sure you'd want to delay your body and paint my a week or so.
But something could be worked out.

Maybe I can be plan B.

11-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Understand and sounds good Nathan...I still have some planning time and still some things to get coordinated on the other side too ...so please keep me posted.

11-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Nathan...any update? Looks like I have some flexibility on which weekend between now and mid december. But, if you don't think you'll be making the trip before mid december, I'll go ahead and order my hitch now so i can get it put on and ready.

11-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Go a head and order your hitch.

My inlaws are talking about going over there next weekend and if thats the case they can take the darn willys themselves.

If something changes I'll let you know.

11-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Sounds good Nathan...appreciate the thought. :cool:
Let me know if anything changes.