PDA

View Full Version : Did I leave this tool somewhere?

Luva65wagon
11-17-2016, 02:00 PM
I hate it when I do this, but last night when I finally made it home I decided to do a couple more things in the garage, and when I tried to pull off the steering wheel I went to grab my harmonic balancer puller/steering wheel puller. Couldn't find it nowhere. So, before I buy another one (had this last one about 30+ years) figured I'd ask if maybe I left it somewhere. Can't honestly remember when I used it last.

I know once I replace it the old one will magically appear.

Jeff W
11-17-2016, 07:50 PM
It can be frustrating when you can't find/use your own tools. Good luck with your search.

My latest tool purchase was upgraded tanks for my oxygen/acetylene set up. My old tanks were tiny and I was wearing a path to the welding shop for refills. These are the perfect size while still being portable.

Luva65wagon
11-17-2016, 10:24 PM
As Jeff takes this picture with the same puller I'm missing on the floor under the tire of his motorcycle.

You are a funny man, Jeff.

:rolleyes:

BadBird
11-17-2016, 11:33 PM
You don't think he did that intentionally do you? LOL Jeff, where did you get your tanks. I need some. Larry

Jeff W
11-18-2016, 12:06 AM
:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

I thought some may recall the story of the missing engine leveler chains from a few years ago. When I knew I had the same puller, I couldn't resist.

Roger, you are welcome to borrow my puller. I too have had this one for about 20 years. The packaging wasn't quite the same as what you had pictured so I was sure to keep that different part cropped out of the photo.

Larry, I bought my small tanks from Praxair in Seattle in 1996. When I just upgraded to the larger size, they gave me full price trade in. They have always been great to work with. I think they have branches all over.

BTW, here is the engine leveler chain story, end of page 6...

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1470&page=6

Luva65wagon
11-18-2016, 08:22 AM
I remembered that story, but not loaning you my puller, so Larry, when Jeff replied I thought Hmm... Where's Waldo?

Last I remember using it was at Gene's sons place. Probably still there. I made a steering wheel puller on Wednesday so I'm good for now.

I have larger tanks than Jeff and I too bought them from Praxair. They have a store in Everett too, but are scattered everywhere. Been to the Ballard store many times.