Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > redfalken

Rate this Entry

It runs!! Well...it ran.

Submit "It runs!! Well...it ran." to Digg Submit "It runs!! Well...it ran." to del.icio.us Submit "It runs!! Well...it ran." to StumbleUpon Submit "It runs!! Well...it ran." to Google
Posted 09-12-2010 at 08:57 PM by redfalken

These photos are actually from last weekend but I've been a little busy. I try to get 3 or 4 hours in after work during the week and dawn to dusk on the weekends. Things seemed like they were finally making progress and there was an end in sight.

Patrick and Jeff came over to help and I couldn't have done it without them. After deflating the tires, jacking up the rear end, and shortening the chains a few links, we could finally get it over the front and we carefully lowered it into place.

Since Jeff needed the least clearance of us, he squeezed under the car to get the transmission into place and on it's mount. Pat operated the hoist and leveler while I made sure we didn't scratch anything. I believe that's called supervising!

During the week I put on all the accessories and added fluids. Got the brakes back up and made sure everything was tight.

I also decided to take all the old tape off the wiring harnesses and refurbish them. I'll put some new wiring that's been added together with the original wires and rewrap everything. I also need to do a few repairs on some of the terminals.

By yesterday evening, everything was ready to go and Pat came over to help out. After a little scare that I may have installed the timing chain wrong, it finally fire up and I'm happy to report it runs very well!! Can't wait for the smell of fresh engine paint being baked to subside.

So today I was hoping to get the carpet installed but ran into a snag (no pun intended). After I hooked the wires in the steering column back up, things went downhill. The blinkers were not blinking as fast as they should, the brake lights weren't working and the horns weren't honking. I drove around the neighborhood and pulled back into the driveway. I was messing with the wires again and now the engine won't turn over. Jumped the solenoid and it would crank so I'll test out the ignition switch next. Ugh...electrical problems are always fun but I'll get it worked out soon.

So for the rest of the day, I decided to get back to the carpets. After all, working on wiring under the dash while laying on your back is always nicer when the seats are out and the carpet is in. So that's where I ended the day. The carpet is in place to relax until tomorrow and I'll try to get it fitted and trimmed after work. I went with a molded in red loop and think it will look pretty sharp!

I paid for my registration to the West Seattle Junction Car Show next Sunday so if I don't post by then it's because I'm a little busy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	40   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.JPG
Views:	729
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	41   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	42   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	43  
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5672 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You like my headers I like your paint!
  2. Old Comment
    I like the Falcon emblem and the heart that you painted on the side of the engine block. That is really nice.

Dennis.