Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs

Old

Chasing Noise in Stereo

Posted 09-21-2009 at 11:24 PM by pbrown

I still have a noise in the stereo . I tried running a ground wire from the head unit to the battery. That didn't help. I thought this was alternator whine. It turned out not to be. I pulled the belt from the alternator and started the car. The while is still there. All that remains is the ignition system. I had already extended the ground for my MSD 6AL ignition box directly to the engine block. I started a little Internet searching and fell upon a MSD tech forum. It seems that this is...
Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon
Views 3696 Comments 3 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Saturday's Progress

Posted 09-21-2009 at 12:30 PM by MacDee

The tranny is FINISHED!!
I had an anxious moment in the middle of the day. I'd assembled most of it and discovered I'd hooked up the internal linkage incorrectly. At first it looked like I wouldn't be able to correct it without pulling the clutch packs back out, but managed to re-do the linkage without pulling it apart.

Some pictures attached: Tranny at the beginning of the day; Tranny finished; a shot of the head; a shot of the intake manifold and a shot of the header.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TransBefore.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	7   Click image for larger version

Name:	TransAfter.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	8   Click image for larger version

Name:	TheHead1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	9   Click image for larger version

Name:	Intake.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	11   Click image for larger version

Name:	Header.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	12  

Senior Forum User
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1680 Comments 0 MacDee is offline Edit Tags
Old

So many cars, so little time...

Posted 09-19-2009 at 10:48 AM by Futura
Updated 09-21-2009 at 08:23 AM by Futura

Over the years, I have accumulated a number of Falcons, and lately Comets. Like others, I have "collected" a number of cars that struck my fancy. My current collection is as follows:

65 Sprint Hardtop---I bought this car from the original owner over 20 years ago, sold it about 5 years ago, and then bought it back this past summer. This is a car that I sold, and then really missed. This car is basically stock and my cleanest Falcon.

65 Sprint Convertible---A...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	al2.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	6  
New Forum User
Views 2008 Comments 0 Futura is offline Edit Tags
Old

Fuel Pump Part Two

Posted 09-18-2009 at 07:54 PM by pbrown

I'm finally done with the fuel pump project. I now have a Mallory 110 electric fuel pump.

http://www.malloryperformance.com/Pr...minselection=2

Everything looks nice and neat under the car. I used a little POR-15 in the area where the pump is mounted while I had the chance. The bracket that Jeff welded up fit very well and looks great. This pump is very quiet.
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1823 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Freddie's Transplant

Posted 09-18-2009 at 03:22 PM by MacDee

Sept 18, 2009:
As stated in the Forum, my '63 hardtop is about to get a 200 plus C4 replacing its 170 and Ford-o-matic 2spd. The 200 will get Classic Inlines new aluminum head and intake with 390-cfm 4-barrel carb, 274-degree cam, headers and Pertonix Ignitor II ignition. The C4 is getting a full re-build with shift kit and 2600-rpm-stall torque converter.
My buddy Carter Burns is building the engine and I am doing my best at rebuilding the trans. All parts are acquired, and everything...
Senior Forum User
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1281 Comments 0 MacDee is offline Edit Tags