Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs

Old

The Intake Is On

Posted 10-10-2010 at 06:13 PM by pbrown

It turns out that my existing Lokar throttle backet doesn't fit. The fuel rail is right in the way. I had to make my own. The first attempts looked great but didn't work so well due to excess flex. 16g steel is not strong enough. The second attempt works great. I used the first bracket as a templete for the the new one. I made it out of 1/8" steel plate. It is painted black and hanging to dry right now. I'll put it on tomorrow.

I installed the intake manifold today. It's looking...
Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon, EFI
Views 1880 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Fuel Lines Part 1

Posted 09-12-2010 at 08:03 PM by pbrown
Updated 09-12-2010 at 08:05 PM by pbrown

I've been tinkering in my spare time. It seems that I don't get as much time as I would like to work on the old bird.

I was finally able to get two 3/8" steel tubes bent up to fit under the car. The first was a pain with a lot of test fitting. The second was worse. Getting them both to run along side of each other and turn bends and still nest into the contures of the floor was difficult. I had to start over three times and wasted a lot of tubing. In case you are wondering, the...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1926 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Some Progress

Posted 09-06-2010 at 04:54 PM by pbrown

I've been working on my custom relay panel. I have all the holes drilled and relays mounted. The wiring is in place. I need to place some 1/4" studs for the cover and mounts. I plan to build a stainless lid to go over the hole thing.

I have also been working on my new fuel lines. I have a good start on the supply line. I'll also need a return line. I plan to run them just inside the sub-frame connectors on the left side. The lines are 3/8" steel and will be attacked with...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1728 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Electronic Fuel Injection Begins

Posted 08-17-2010 at 07:43 PM by pbrown
Updated 08-17-2010 at 07:50 PM by pbrown

After a long break I've started to tinker with the Falcon again. I've been gathering parts for a while.

I have all of the parts needed for the ignition. The new ignition with be an updated Ford EDIS system. EDIS is short for Electrinic Distributorless Ignition System. This was used on most Ford cars and trucks for more than 10 years. There are four coils which fire two plugs at a time. Only one of the plugs will be at the top of the power cycle. The other is wasted which is why this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0176.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	27   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0177.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	28   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	29   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0179.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	30   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	31  

Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon, EFI
Views 3543 Comments 2 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Chasing Noise in Stereo

Posted 09-21-2009 at 11:24 PM by pbrown

I still have a noise in the stereo . I tried running a ground wire from the head unit to the battery. That didn't help. I thought this was alternator whine. It turned out not to be. I pulled the belt from the alternator and started the car. The while is still there. All that remains is the ignition system. I had already extended the ground for my MSD 6AL ignition box directly to the engine block. I started a little Internet searching and fell upon a MSD tech forum. It seems that this is...
Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon
Views 4424 Comments 3 pbrown is offline Edit Tags