Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > pbrown

Rate this Entry

The Case of the Missing Pintle

Submit "The Case of the Missing Pintle" to Digg Submit "The Case of the Missing Pintle" to del.icio.us Submit "The Case of the Missing Pintle" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Case of the Missing Pintle" to Google
Posted 10-26-2010 at 04:03 PM by pbrown

I've been slowly plugging along on the EFI thing. I have the wiring mostly done. I'm waiting for some Weatherpack connectors to arive so that I can fining the injector harness.

I started to set for of the contraints in the computer. The throttle position sensor was easy. Let off the gas - press set low - step on the pedal - press set high. The verify that the gauge reads from 0 to 100% when stompung the gas pedal. So far so good. This sensor of used for flood clear and accel enrichment (think accelerator pump for you carb people).

I began to set the values on the Idle Air Control valve. This is basically a computer controlled vacuum leak. It opens and closed based on vacuum, cooland temp, and air temp. The first think I needed to do was to determine the overall travel of the valve in my throttle body in order to set the start retard value. I pulled the valve and set it on my cowl and connected the computer. I set the computer to not retract but to extend it out. There is a spring loaded thing called the pintle. I accedently ran it out too far and launched the pintle across the garage . I've been looking for it for over a week. Still nothing. I broke down and ordered a new one from Summit Racing last night.
Posted in 62 Falcon, EFI
Views 5141 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    seems like you're making good progress Patrick. I'm suoer interested in the final result and the degree of you satisfaction. But it sure sounds like you had a fella named Murphy sitting behind you when setting up your throttle body.
  2. Old Comment
    Not a missing Pintle! Anything but that!!

Yeah, that sucks. I hate it when that happens. Hope to see some pictures of that new pintle when it comes...