Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > BPVan

Rate this Entry

Bumpers

Submit "Bumpers" to Digg Submit "Bumpers" to del.icio.us Submit "Bumpers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Bumpers" to Google
Posted 07-26-2011 at 02:16 PM by BPVan
Updated 09-18-2011 at 04:49 PM by BPVan

I finally found some bumpers as well as other trim parts for the van from a 63' donor in Granite Falls. Thanks to Jeff for making the trek with me, we were able to save some valuable parts. Most valuable was the save of the brackets themselves, these seem to sell for a lot of money so I was glad to get both bumpers and the brackets for $65.

At some point the rear bumper on the donor van was changed to the later, heavier duty model (around 64 they changed the bumpers on these to suit the heavy duty models). I hope to get one for the front as well, but for now the lighter front will have to do.

Jeff helped me cut the old bolts off to begin the clean up process. The front will need some straightening for sure, the rear seems to be in good shape. I plan on having them powder coated with the new UV chrome finish.

Other great saves were windshield squirters, hazard indicator light, factory rear view mirror (similar to the car with the roof mounting except a wider screw pattern), instrument cluster, and the front FORD lettering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bumper Before 1 rz.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	64   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bumper After rz.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	65   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper Before 1 rz.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	66   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper Before 2 rz.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	67   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper Action rz.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	68  

Posted in Bodywork
Views 9746 Comments 5 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well I guess nothing is sacred. I left my two bumpers outside leaning against the side of my garage while I went on a 3 week road trip. Upon my return I found they had been taken. What is this world coming to???
  2. Old Comment
    That really sucks.
  3. Old Comment
    Think of it as an opportunity to hand carve some out of Koa Wood.
  4. Old Comment
    Not a bad idea, my neighbor has a pretty nice wood working shop in his basement I bet I could use.
  5. Old Comment
    Bumpers are back in business, I picked up a set from a 61 this past weekend, Very straight, just need to be disassembled for powder coating...