Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > pbrown

Rate this Entry

Electrical Part Two

Submit "Electrical Part Two" to Digg Submit "Electrical Part Two" to del.icio.us Submit "Electrical Part Two" to StumbleUpon Submit "Electrical Part Two" to Google
Posted 09-15-2009 at 10:36 PM by pbrown

I was able to complete some of the grounding project this evening. I bought some #10 wire and then didn't use it.

I extended the heavy black wire on my MSD 6AL to the new ground point on the engine block. The MSD ground was actually a 14G so I used the same.

I ran a #8 wire from the MTX amp to the battery. It is probably overkill. The possitive wire is also #8 so at least they match.

I extended the fuel pump ground with another length of 14 gauge black wire to the battery.

There are now three grounds connected the battery terminal. I turned on the stereo to listen for noise with the engine off. I can still hear the fuel pump very slightly. I may extend the head unit ground to the battery so that it shares a ground with the amp. I have a noise filter that I may try as well. The system is certainly much better.

I haven't done the electric fan yet. I'll try to get to that tomorrow.

I found a good mounting point for my Megasquirt box. I'm going to mount it above the glove box with some velcro. I have a data logger up there now that has been recording throttle position, RPM, vacuum, and AFR. That will have to come out to make room.

TTFN
Posted in 62 Falcon
Views 1585 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments