Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > pbrown

Rate this Entry

The Intake Is On

Submit "The Intake Is On" to Digg Submit "The Intake Is On" to del.icio.us Submit "The Intake Is On" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Intake Is On" to Google
Posted 10-10-2010 at 06:13 PM by pbrown

It turns out that my existing Lokar throttle backet doesn't fit. The fuel rail is right in the way. I had to make my own. The first attempts looked great but didn't work so well due to excess flex. 16g steel is not strong enough. The second attempt works great. I used the first bracket as a templete for the the new one. I made it out of 1/8" steel plate. It is painted black and hanging to dry right now. I'll put it on tomorrow.

I installed the intake manifold today. It's looking good. I've started to wire sensors. I have the throttle position sensor (TPS) working so far. I have the two coolant sensors installed. I'm working on the idle air control (IAC) valve now. It is a GM style stepper motor type that will take some time to dial in.

I need to do some thread cleanup on the new fuel rails. The end are tapped for 3/8" NPT but they didn't do a very good job. I need to go buy a tap tomorrow. Edelbrock is usually much better. I'm a bit disapointed in the fit and finish of several of these new parts.
Posted in 62 Falcon, EFI
Views 1805 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments