Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs

Old

The curse of... "while I'm at it."

Posted 05-02-2010 at 10:02 PM by Luva65wagon
Updated 12-13-2013 at 08:43 PM by Luva65wagon

I'm sure many of you have uttered these words. Seems they are the bane of my existence.

As I write this I've just spent the weekend doing a half-dozen of these "while I'm at it" things. And yes, some of them are not of my own choosing and some of them I just can't help myself. I am my own worst enemy.

So as some of you have seen I put in a new 8" rear in my wagon and while I was under the ca I glance forward and see water...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	itsaleaker.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	13   Click image for larger version

Name:	oldfreezeplugs.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	14   Click image for larger version

Name:	newfreezeplugs.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	15   Click image for larger version

Name:	steeringboxold.jpg
Views:	750
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	16   Click image for larger version

Name:	redheadbox.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	17  

Chapter President
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6045 Comments 3 Luva65wagon is offline Edit Tags
Old

Car Show Whats-itz?

Posted 09-03-2009 at 09:37 PM by Luva65wagon

Today I got an email from Bill Pierre Ford telling me about their upcoming Car Show. I read with interest as I thought this might be similar to the Skarff and Bickford shows.

As I read this email the more heat built up under the hood and steam came from my ears. What are car shows coming to? I had to send a reply to them.

These guys are putting on a show on October 18th, first of all. To top it off they are going to charge $25 entry fee and $5 for a pancake breakfast...
Chapter President
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6751 Comments 4 Luva65wagon is offline Edit Tags
Old

Lesson for today

Posted 09-01-2009 at 10:27 PM by Luva65wagon

When loading a die into a 35-ton punch press (or any press for that matter), be sure to run the die though by hand before turning on the press and using the full inertia of the flywheel. Trust me on this. Not that I would make this mistake, but I spent most of yesterday tearing a press apart because someone didn't. Not pretty. And parts for a 1944 Bliss Press are... let me say... now being hand-made in our tool shop by a very unhappy tool maker.

End of lesson.
Chapter President
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3481 Comments 0 Luva65wagon is offline Edit Tags
Old

Welcome to my blog!

Posted 08-31-2009 at 09:28 PM by Luva65wagon

I have always wanted a blog. Blog, blog, blog. I love to say blog. So here I am, blogging. Wow. It's fantastic.

So what should I write in my blog? Stories of my Falcon, I suppose. I'll have to think of one someday, but for today this is my blog entry. I hope you enjoyed it. I had fun.

And you are all now wondering who is this guy we've elected president of this chapter. Come on, I know you are.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
Chapter President
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4705 Comments 1 Luva65wagon is offline Edit Tags