Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > EdsFunny

Rate this Entry

The love of new hardware

Submit "The love of new hardware" to Digg Submit "The love of new hardware" to del.icio.us Submit "The love of new hardware" to StumbleUpon Submit "The love of new hardware" to Google
Posted 12-31-2010 at 07:31 PM by EdsFunny

So, what I thought would be a fast one day swap of bumpers between the black Falcon and the blue one turned into a three day rust removal extravaganza.

Someone began the restoration of the black one from the top down, meaning good paint and re-chromed bumpers. I decided the blue one deserved them, and I justified the theft with some clean up work on the wiring and rust under the black one.

I'm a fanatic for new hardware - I think it's from my airplane mechanic background, where every used fastener has to be inspected before re-use. Anyway, just knowing there's a few shiny bolts under there makes me happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldbolts.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	52   Click image for larger version

Name:	newbolts.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	53   Click image for larger version

Name:	swap1.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	54  
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4238 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I agree. I just went on a hardware spree at Stone Way Hardware and replaced a few dozen engine bolts (pan, valve cover, pump mounts, timing cover, water pump.. Yeah I'm rebuilding). Looks good and its great piece of mind.
  2. Old Comment
    I am doing the same thing with my 63 Ranchero. I am in Phase One of my work plan, "Get 'Er Runnin'". AS I move through my checklist of fixits and drain/refills I have been replacing all attaching hardware on jy way. I used 7/16th 14 Stainless bolts, washers and nuts for my bumpers. .....While I was at it......