dennis mcgeough

^1962 Ford Falcon Futura 302 overheating issues

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by dennis mcgeough View Post
I have a 1962 Ford Falcon Futura with a 302 that's been jazzed up a little and I'm having over heating problems. After running it for awhile and the temp gauge is at 3/4 and I get in a line like Starbucks the gauge goes over the top and it starts acting funny, shaking and trying to stop running. I know the engine compartment wasn't designed to accommodate a V8 so there's that. I have vintage air which blocks some of thew air flow compounding the problem.Wrapped cast iron heads probably don't help much either. It has a regular 24 inch 4 row radiator and two 10 inch electric fans ( probably inadequate for the amount of air I need to push) which have relatively small motors. I'm running up against the problem of not having enough room to put a 16 inch fan ( larger motor ) with shroud because it won't fit with the serpentine setup, it bumps into the water pump pulley. So that's where it stands. Thinking about putting a couple larger fans in, that would cover more of the radiator with more powerful motors. I'm tired of throwing money at this thing, it's creating problems with my home life! Anyone come up against this or have any ideas on how to keep this engine from overheating?

Submit "^1962 Ford Falcon Futura 302 overheating issues" to Digg Submit "^1962 Ford Falcon Futura 302 overheating issues" to del.icio.us Submit "^1962 Ford Falcon Futura 302 overheating issues" to StumbleUpon Submit "^1962 Ford Falcon Futura 302 overheating issues" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

had the same issue with brothers car. we put on a new electric fan set which has 2 fans and adding a little extra to the fan shroud to pull in more air. Problem gone