Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs

Old

170 Build

Posted 09-18-2009 at 12:02 PM by Nathan289
Updated 09-18-2009 at 02:02 PM by pbrown

I recieved a free 170 and another 2.77 trans amoung many other free parts.

The 1962 ranchero engine smokes a little and there is a knocking sound which might be rod knock or it could be fuel pump. Don't really care as this is the excuse for that new motor I've been looking for..

So the 170 is out of a 1964 falcon futura hardtop. the owner did a tune up shortly before pulling the engine for a v-8 swap. The engine ran great and didn't smoke nor making noise.
Posted in 170ci build
Views 3146 Comments 0 Nathan289 is offline Edit Tags
Old

New Fuel Pump

Posted 09-16-2009 at 11:15 PM by pbrown

I didn't get much Falcon time today. This will be brief.

I'm working on installing a new Mallory Comp 110 electric fuel pump and a new Fram canister 10 micron filter.

Jeff was kind enough to weld my brackets for me. I drilled all my holes this evening and have the pump mocked up. I'll get some black paint on there in the morning. I'll get the pump mounted to the car tomorrow evening.

I hope to have the pump finished tomorrow evening or Friday at the latest...
Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon
Views 1511 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Electrical Part Two

Posted 09-15-2009 at 10:36 PM by pbrown

I was able to complete some of the grounding project this evening. I bought some #10 wire and then didn't use it.

I extended the heavy black wire on my MSD 6AL to the new ground point on the engine block. The MSD ground was actually a 14G so I used the same.

I ran a #8 wire from the MTX amp to the battery. It is probably overkill. The possitive wire is also #8 so at least they match.

I extended the fuel pump ground with another length of 14 gauge black wire...
Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon
Views 1404 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

A little electrical cleanup.

Posted 09-14-2009 at 10:10 PM by pbrown

Like many, I've fallen into that habit of installing electrical goodies in my car and grounding them to the nearest bolt or bare sheet metal. This came back to haunt me when I finally got around to connecting the stereo.

I have one of the Custom Autosound head units that is connected to a small MTX amp. The amp is located in the trunk and is grounded to the vertical spare tire brace. The head unit is grounded to the dash. I had a big surprise when I turned it on. The radio station I...
Administrator
Posted in 62 Falcon
Views 2178 Comments 1 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

A day painting.

Posted 09-12-2009 at 09:17 PM by pbrown

Today was a fun day. We did some repair work on Kenny's fenders. We finished the filler and primer work two weeks ago.

Last weekend was rainy so we put this off one more week. The fenders were removed and then we sanded them all over with 600 grit wet/dry. Then the red base went on. This was leftover paint from when the car was repainted ten years ago. It was a perfect match - go figure. The red was only sprayed over the damaged areas since this is just a dent repair.

Then...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079 - Small.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1  
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1728 Comments 1 pbrown is offline Edit Tags