Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs

Old

Ranchero Parts

Posted 05-07-2012 at 07:35 PM by Jth9507

My name is Josh Hole and I am currently rebuilding a 1965 Ranchero. Im new to this site. Ive rebuild the rotted out floorboards aswell as the transmission and I am currently rebuilding the body of it. I Bought a 1964 Ranchero for parts. Seeing as I now have a surplus of parts for rancheros I thought I might spread the word. I'm 16 so money is tight. If anyone wants to know about parts or anything I will gladly reply. Besides most car parts you would expect i also have a inline 6 cylinder that turns...
New Forum User
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2639 Comments 1 Jth9507 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Update

Posted 03-21-2012 at 07:08 PM by Hughs63

So, Here is the update to the 63 Ranchero Project I am doing:
I have replaced most of the fluids in the car. Diff, trans, oil. Greased all the joints and greaseable things.
Ripped out, literally, the rotted out battery tray and cleaned up all the rust under and around the tray, painted the area and replaced the tray.
Fixed the rat eaten wiring in the engine compartment. Stupid rates, I hate rats and mice.
Removed the heater box completely. I had to tear it down to it's individual...
New Forum User
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1978 Comments 0 Hughs63 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Fuel Tank Restoration

Posted 01-03-2012 at 12:25 AM by BPVan

After my Disc brake upgrade the van was driving as if it were out of fuel. Puzzling as the tank was half full and the fuel pump was new I decided it might be time to pull the tank. Having to use a reservoir tank directly to the carb to get it home verified this.

After draining 20 gallons out of the tank and pulling it out, it became evident that sediment had built up in the last 40 years and the original sending unit needed to be retired. Since this is a custom 29 gallon tank put...
Senior Forum User
Views 2994 Comments 0 BPVan is offline Edit Tags
Old

Bumpers

Posted 07-26-2011 at 02:16 PM by BPVan
Updated 09-18-2011 at 04:49 PM by BPVan

I finally found some bumpers as well as other trim parts for the van from a 63' donor in Granite Falls. Thanks to Jeff for making the trek with me, we were able to save some valuable parts. Most valuable was the save of the brackets themselves, these seem to sell for a lot of money so I was glad to get both bumpers and the brackets for $65.

At some point the rear bumper on the donor van was changed to the later, heavier duty model (around 64 they changed the bumpers on these to suit...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bumper Before 1 rz.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	64   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bumper After rz.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	65   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper Before 1 rz.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	66   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper Before 2 rz.jpg
Views:	898
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	67   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Bumper Action rz.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	68  

Senior Forum User
Posted in Bodywork
Views 7000 Comments 5 BPVan is offline Edit Tags
Old

It Runs... Again

Posted 04-10-2011 at 12:02 PM by pbrown
Updated 04-10-2011 at 12:07 PM by pbrown

Yesterday was spent finishing up the EDIS8 ignition system. Most of that time was fabricating the VR sensor bracket and 36-1 toothed wheel and waiting for paint to dry.

I made the final wire connections, connected the battery, and turned the key.Nothing. Hmmm. I tried again and again. Thinking it is now flooded I enabled flood clear mode (throttle pedal greater that 75% open disables fuel when cranking). Suddenly it started but ran poorly and had a strange whistle. I looked under...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4941 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags