Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > pbrown

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Finally finished (mostly) my friends WRX engine rebuild

Posted 03-21-2013 at 02:54 PM by pbrown

A very old friend of mine bought a used SAAB 9-2x (actually a rebadged Subaru WRX). He bought this thing in Texas even though he lives in Anchorage AK. The idea was to buy a used smaller all-wheel-drive car to use as a daily driver instead of the gas hungry F150 Supercrew 4x4 with the 5.4 Triton.

He flew to TX and picked up the SAAB, drove it North to Seattle and left it in my driveway for much of the Summer last year. He returned to Alaska and came back to Seattle to finish the long...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tow truck.jpg
Views:	2313
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	69  
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15837 Comments 2 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Clearly I have too much time on my hands

Posted 03-21-2013 at 02:30 PM by pbrown

I'm sitting here watching old episodes of Star Trek Voyager (aka Lost in Space - Star Trek Edition). What I see is a holodeck version of a 69 Camaro being worked on my one of the main characters. That would be cool to play with old cars if you are in the future. I guess I have one really big complaint. If one has a holodeck and wants to work on old cars for fun, why oh why would you use jack stands and a jack. I would totally have the best lift holographic money could buy.
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4515 Comments 1 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

It Runs... Again

Posted 04-10-2011 at 12:02 PM by pbrown
Updated 04-10-2011 at 12:07 PM by pbrown

Yesterday was spent finishing up the EDIS8 ignition system. Most of that time was fabricating the VR sensor bracket and 36-1 toothed wheel and waiting for paint to dry.

I made the final wire connections, connected the battery, and turned the key.Nothing. Hmmm. I tried again and again. Thinking it is now flooded I enabled flood clear mode (throttle pedal greater that 75% open disables fuel when cranking). Suddenly it started but ran poorly and had a strange whistle. I looked under...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4932 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Intake Air Temp and Injector Harness

Posted 10-28-2010 at 09:45 PM by pbrown

The wiring is nearly finished. The EFI portion of the wiring is done. I'll also be rewiring some older wire and some of the factory wire.

This EFI system is a bank-to-bank setup. This means that there are two injector drivers - four injectors on each circuit. My injector harness connects to the main harness with a four wire Weatherpack connector. There whole thing is wrapped in harness tape.

I needed a place to mount an air temperature sensor. In the EFI world this is...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1820 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags
Old

Fuel Lines Part 1

Posted 09-12-2010 at 08:03 PM by pbrown
Updated 09-12-2010 at 08:05 PM by pbrown

I've been tinkering in my spare time. It seems that I don't get as much time as I would like to work on the old bird.

I was finally able to get two 3/8" steel tubes bent up to fit under the car. The first was a pain with a lot of test fitting. The second was worse. Getting them both to run along side of each other and turn bends and still nest into the contures of the floor was difficult. I had to start over three times and wasted a lot of tubing. In case you are wondering, the...
Administrator
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1559 Comments 0 pbrown is offline Edit Tags