Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum  

Go Back   Rainier Falcons > The FalconForum > Blogs > Jim Petropulos

Rate this Entry

A modern radio for a '64?

Submit "A modern radio for a '64?" to Digg Submit "A modern radio for a '64?" to del.icio.us Submit "A modern radio for a '64?" to StumbleUpon Submit "A modern radio for a '64?" to Google
Posted 02-02-2010 at 12:22 AM by Jim Petropulos

Need some advice.......I've been thinking of getting a modern AM-FM radio, for my '64. I've heard I would have to cut the dash to fit one in the original location.
I don't think that's a good idea if it means cutting the actual metal dash as well as the radio's plastic face plate ????
If it is just the plastic face plate that needs cut I don't mind doing that. Mine has a crack in it anyway.
I'd like to put a stock looking radio in the dash rather then a hidden one located somewhere else.
Would like to know how anyone else solved this. Thank you in advance for any suggestions / information.. Jim
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6213 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    There are stock-looking radios available that fit the hole and then have a dock you can put in your glove box for your ipod or what ever. I'm not sure if you are local or not, but the place up the street from me sells a decent setup. Most of the Falcon vendors also sell the aftermarket stock-looking radios with modern-day features. I have a radio delete and installed an under-dash thingy I think they made for dune-buggies or jeeps or something. Check out my "interior redo" thread to see a picture of all that.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...read.php?t=492
    Updated 02-02-2010 at 08:00 PM by Luva65wagon
  2. Old Comment

Radio for '64 Question resolved

Thank you to Luva65wagon, I found out today after removing the plastic face plate the only modification I'd need to do is cut the bar off the plastic face plate to fit in a modern radio. I've vascilated a very long time (years !) hoping someone would manufacture a "retro" face plate for the '64 -'65 Falcons... Well time to make my own "retro" fit.
    Posted 02-02-2010 at 11:21 PM by Jim Petropulos Jim Petropulos is offline