Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Nicely done. Now that one is done time to get Genes on!! Looks as though the "Ghetto" garage is holding up as well.
    I am glad to see the cover live on. God know when and if I would have ever got to it.

Yeah - it was a bit of a pain for such a simple project. But lacking actual instructions added to the apprehension of just "drilling holes." If typically life by the rule of measure twice, cut/drill once. But with this I measured about 20 times or more... with moving and tweaking between each.

The car is staying nice and dry under the ghetto garage, It's unsightly, but not any worse that the vehicles that are sitting under those trees and going green by the minute.

Gene's will be far easier to do than mine was. I learned all the tricks doing mine. He's just got to "get there." But he's close. We talked about first pulling his back window out and reversing the rubber and putting it in the right way. Somebody put that in from the outside in (like the windshield is done), but it's supposed to mount from the inside-out.

Also... I heard from a little birdy... that you may be one Ranchero light now and are the owner of a.... CHEBBY! Ahh, the humanity!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

A CHEBBY? Has he no shame?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

On my way home I stopped at the paint store up on 45th and the freeway and picked up 3 pints of 1-shot sign-painters enamel (red, black, and white) and will now seriously look at putting my hand to doing the pinstriping. Have a few Kafka brushes now and the grid and brush conditioner, ect., all the stuff he uses. Except for maybe the skill. But I can work on that.

No takers for a car I can practice on?

I guess Gene will just have to wake up one morning to find I snuck over there and practiced on his "big a** not a Chebby Tundra." Lots of surface area there to work with.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I think I know where there's a coupla Falcon front fenders to practice on. You have to wash the big a** Tundra anyway. That's prob'ly not gonna happen.

Wait a minute! Think you could kinda hide the scrape on the Tundra driver's side rear fender?
    Or..... maybe you could practice in the bed of the Ranchero b/4 I have the bed-liner sprayed?
    Or..... maybe under the hood of the Ranchero in the four triangular panels b/4 the insulating stuff goes in there?
    Last edited by SmithKid; March 5th, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Sure [not planning on washing no Tundra].

I do have some rear Ranchero quarters here. Could practice on them... if it would ever quit raining or snowing! It snowed on my way home today.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Good GRIEF! This thread is huge! I just spent the better part of an hour going backwards to find the pics you posted of the holes in the bed floor pan.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Hey gene, I started this in 2008 when roger and I were siting in the fog at the first light of the day going to the snohomish show, and said [ how to tell if your are really car crazy ] and he replyed [ just call me crazy ] .....jh

Hey - I resemble that remark!

You know you are crazy when you find yourself standing in the garage and it's maybe 45 degrees and you are sorting through plastic baggies of screws and bolts and other assorted leftovers from taking 3 cars apart. So yep, the craziness remains...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"