Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Instrument cluster modification

One thing that has always bothered me about Falcons is their single turn signal indicator. I was determined to make mine "normal" - so I did. It was easier to do considering I had a couple clusters to play with, so I experimented on the worst and perfected it for the second. Turned out pretty nice.

The hardest part was getting the big hole drilled considering I had to eat at the screw location for the voltage regulator - I had to locate it just starting on the edge of the existing screw hole. Though not shown in these pictures, the regulator is just to the right of the original location and still indexes off one of the bumps used to keep it from rotating on the screw.

For those that don't know, the wires to have both left and right turn indicators are there, they just feed them both to the same bulb and the ground path is back to the main bulbs. If you split these wires out to two individual bulbs (w/grounds at the dash) - that's all it takes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

How cool do mine next. I will bring mine when I come over on a parts run. I am still thinking to myself "daily driver"???

Well of course. Bring 'em all. Pretty simple to do now that I have it all fingered out.

And yeah, daily driver I sit in more than a car I'll take to a show. It's got to be cool in there too. Maybe even cooler!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

No, that was cool; as in, "cool, man..."
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I want to see it out of the garage!!! I bet it is looking pretty sweet, even if it doesn't have fenders on yet. Now that the bran turd is running OK (and stopping) maybe I can run it over your way?!?! You going to be around the next couple weekends??

Quote Originally Posted by doghows View Post
    I want to see it out of the garage!!! I bet it is looking pretty sweet, even if it doesn't have fenders on yet. Now that the bran turd is running OK (and stopping) maybe I can run it over your way?!?! You going to be around the next couple weekends??
    Well, I can't see it out of the garage until I can get it going under its own power. That hill is a long way down. I should be around though.

Spent the day today finishing up some wiring. Have been in wiring hell the past week as I worked to redo all the dash wiring. I also got the wiring reworked going to the rear... complete with back-up wiring. Dash wiring also has e-flasher wiring from a setup of Comet dash wiring I got off eBay. All I have left to wire-up is under the hood, which compared to the dash will be heaven. One-wire alternator helped with that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

This is the sub box I made to fit under the bed compartment. I teased it in a picture with Bill Williams a week ago, but fiberglassed the entire thing so it won't rot if any moisture does make it in under that compartment. I then placed it in to transfer some mounting holes after I sprayed it with some textured coating. Then I took it out and painted it the Rangoon red. I know, seems like I could do this later, but really, to get the rest of the interior in, this needs to be in at the very least. Or I'd have to pull the seats and rear carpeting sometime. Just best to do things in sequence.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

What is on your floor? Did you use some kind of sound dampener? Or am I imagining things? Looks good. I hope to get the delivery back from the frame shop this week. Then more body work for me...

That's just metal with bed-liner sprayed on it, that looked black once - seemingly l o n g - a g o and is now kind-of brown from all the red, then gray, overspray. I do have some really heavy sheets of tar-like insulation material I picked up with all the 65 wagon parts I got. They will roll out soon. Need to warm them up in some sun first. Assuming it comes back.

I hope they are able to "straighten" what we saw that day. They should be able to even it up, at the very least. Fingers crossed.

On that note I went to the Skarff Ford show this weekend with my wagon. I met up with Bill who drove his Mustang out there (thanks, too, for helping him out with his horn wire doo-dad ) and I bought some raffle tickets, as did he. I didn't really want a lot of Mustang stuff, this being a predominately Mustang show, but there were two things I did want. There were items I didn't have and a couple things I had, but entered for anyway - because they were the "grand prizes." I won the two items I didn't have - one being a Ford oval carrying bag and the other was a free front-end alignment. I'll need that for the Flarechero - for sure. Bill won one of the two grand prizes, an iPod.

I also got 2nd place in the All Falcon class. If Larry (BadBird) had come, he'd have won 1st and I might have taken 3rd. 1st place was won by a 64 hardtop, which was OK, but hardly as detailed as mine or Larry's. It just happened to be the first one you came upon in the row we were in. That's how many people vote at this show. Way too many classes that you end up writing down the first number for the class you see. There were two before the hardtop, but the hardtop was the first that looked real good.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"