Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi guys & girls,

New guy here. I live just south of Spokane. I see there are a few eastern Washington guys here.

I drive a 63 2dr sedan. I sent in an application to the FCA a few weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them yet. Maybe no one home? Anyway if they will have me I'll join here too.

Welcome! Nice looking bird and very stock from what I can see. Nathan's distracted by a truck project right now but he's the "club ambassador" in eastern WA.

We have members all over the place so even if you never make it over to Seattle with your ride, feel free to ask questions or chime in whenever you want.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks Kenny. I actually have set my Falcon up much like yours. I rebuilt a 200 (1968) block. Also running a C4 and 8" with 2.79 open gear set.

I used your website page as a resource.

I keep thinking I should do some updates on my website but I'm glad what was there helped. That drive train combination is a great choice and I'm happy with mine. You did a nice job.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Very nice car Bill. Really like it!

I'd not be too concerned by the wait to hear back from the National club. As with all clubs we are all volunteers who deal with club activities in our spare time. The National club does an awesome job with what they offer for our $40 annual membership, so it will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

We are the WA state chapter, but have always felt it needed an east/west autonomous presence. It's a big state and we have already divvy'd off a southern section to bolster the Columbia River Chapter's membership.

Many of us have used Kenny's site, and help from others on this site, to move our cars into the 21st century. There are other sites and forum choices out there, with maybe more people, but the depth of knowledge we have here is pretty evident. We hope you enjoy participating and will share more about your car and what you've done to it along the way.

If only it would stop raining here so we could enjoy the fruits of our labor!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, they did email me yesterday and confirm they received my application.

I wanted to keep my car mostly stock looking. So the only modifications I've made were to increase reliability. Ignition, charging system, and motor with 7 main bearings. And of course the 8" is stronger and rolls along at 65-70 no problem now.

Nice job on your car. It looks great! Welcome.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Hello Bill,

I think we talked once before maybe on tffn or someplace..
    You're in Rockford if I remember correctly.

Once apon a time Rainier falcons east was a rocking and a roaring, but life happened and it kinda fell apart..

The guys here are being generous when they say I'm the east side cordinator..

Great looking car.. look forward to seeing it at the local shows this year?

I plan on attending the early ford v8 show as of right now.
    Its usually the best swap meet and show around.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan289 View Post
    Hello Bill,

The guys here are being generous when they say I'm the east side coordinator
    Nathan, you will always be the east-side coordinator in our hearts.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"