Thread: Wagon gas tank.

Wagon gas tank.

I am looking for wagon gas tank. Early. 1961. I'm not sure if there's a difference. I have a working sending/pickup. Need the straps to hold it up also.

I see tank on eBay. Is it worth it? Anyone here try it before?

Thanks!

I just got mine from E-bay. Nice tank and fits well. I believe Roger just got one for his "flarechero". I think he said his straps were tight but got it all to work. I say go for it, you don't want 15 years of junk in your carburetor!!!

Thanks for the info on the eBay tank. Are the wagon straps different than the sedans? I'll be buying those also...

The sedans do not use straps they drop in like a mustang tank. The strap kits are the correct ones for the wagons and the delivery's.

Wow. Totally spaced that.

Wow. Thanks for the conk on the head.

Will one from a 1967 Ranchero work? I even still have the straps.

Not 100% sure but I think they are the same.

I'll tape the tank tonight when I get home for the dimensions. Thanks! I'll post them here when I get them .... ( that new tank sure is pretty in the box)

The new tank worked well, but I also added a new sender at the same time, which turned out to be less than stellar. Worked, eventually.

The later model tanks changed, but I know someone could, if they had to, use the 60-63 tank in the 64-65 wagon and Ranchero if they also got a new sender. The sender on later cars moved towards the top of the tank - probably to minimize the gushing of fuel if the sender got knocked out in a rear-ender (though the filler hose is still in the same place on all 5 year models and equally vulnerable to getting damaged).

Post-65 cars, wagons, Ranchero's were significantly different, but whether someone could cobble them in... DOE.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"