Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Inlines Performance out of biz? Recommendations 4 headers?

Kitty kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Posting some pics of my exhaust manifold, and one cat, not mine, some stray who likes my cooking.
    Hello, Wilbur.

What is the plug with a cap that is on your heater hose?

I like the picture of the kitty.

Dennis.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

First look the manifold looks like the one I have. Don't think there's a difference if donut style.

That cap Dennis, that's a Prestone Flush TEE which is capped. Take off the cap and hook up a hose and you can flush the coolant system.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Dennis, I will take a look at that cap tomorrow when it's daylight. Luva65, yes, mine uses the donut between the exhaust and manifold. I've had that on and off a few times and remember clearly it uses the donut. I'll send you a PM.

Wilbur that's an automatic choke manifold, see where the heat tube was broken off in the center of the manifold? You, or someone else, has fabbed a heat stove on the front half of the manifold as a replacement. Bet it works well too.

Plug with cap is indeed a flush T.

Roger I remember reading something similar with respect to the port divider not necessarily making much of an improvement, if any, regarding 3/4 exhaust flow balance. Like you, it has been several years since I was "into" the I-6 performance stuff. If installing an individual tube header it's all but impossible to seal the huge 3/4 opening without the port divider, at least with all the I-6 headers on the market when I built my 200. Stock cast manifold, not worth the effort.
    Phil

Oh, so that's what that hole is there for... the choke. The set up they put in place as a replacement works well though, without fouling up the auto choke innards. Me, I kind of like manual chokes but I never got around to converting this one, everything on this motor is "AS IS" from when I pulled it from a donor '64 Falcon I bought in 2000.

The motor, according to the prior owner of the donor, came from a '70 or '71 Maverick, it is the large bell housing bolt pattern that comes with the heavy duty V8 toploader trans, which was never an option on inline six Falcons in '64. The donor car was nice so I sold it, I wish I kept it, but at the time I owned some seven to ten or more cars. It was bronze, a repaint, the original color was platinum, similar to silver but richer. It was a very straight car, if I remember right, perfectly straight with some rust in floors and trunk.

Anyway I needed a motor for my Falcon because it had a 302 that was blown up and I wanted an inline six anyway as I already had a V8 Falcon that I never drove due to the gas guzzling. The inline six provided plenty of punch, it would spin the tires from a dead stop WITHOUT dumping the clutch. I added very tall 2.79:1 gearing so that punch went away but it still accelerates nicely.

Dennis, I looked at that set up there today, it is an ATLAS brand kit but the same deal as described by Luva65, though I've never used it, but it could use a flush so maybe it's time to put it into use.

I'll add a photo or two of the car that I took a couple months back, after I got it back on the road, and maybe one side by side with my other black Falcon. Both cars were rescued from junkyards so if they look rough, that's why and they are far far far nicer now than when I found them. I always had a thing for ugly cars. I truly regret letting go of the '65 Falcon I used as a donor for the black Falcon Futura.

A large tree branch had fallen onto the roof of the donor, a '65 burgundy four door Falcon with an inline six. The entire roof behind the driver was crushed right down to the tops of the doors and it was still driveable. I drove that car for MONTHS as is, it drove beautifully and I should have just kept it and found another donor. That was around 1998 if anyone remembers seeing that car around Lake City Seattle.

I'll also add a photo of my blue Falcon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Classic Inlines Performance out of biz?

Do I understand this correctly that you have both the Falcons pictured? I love the 65 2 door sedan car. I used to race against a guy who had one back when I raced my 67 Olds 442. I can't remember what engine he had, but it ran very well. So it wasn't a 289 or less that's for sure. Anyway, love the cars. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

BadBird, I have three Falcons, all 1964 Falcons, all two door post granny grocery getters, my favorite style, rather than the more desired two door hardtops.

In that one photo, yes, my two black Falcons are there, I used to have three identical black Falcons parked side by side right there in that same spot.

A kid once asked me: "How come you have three of the same car?"

My response was: "Because I cannot afford five of the same car."

I regret selling the nicest black Falcon, but it was CHERRY, original owner, 36,000 miles, a time capsule, and without a garage it was getting destroyed by assholes. I found foot prints on it once. Another asshole threw something and put a three inch dent in the roof. Another asshole side swiped the car and damaged the passenger side quarter panel, chrome, and bumper.

I decided to sell the car to a guy who had his own private museum, turning down an offer by a woman who was going to give it to her 16 year old daughter as a gift. I politely explained to the woman that I cannot "sell the car to the devil" and kept it some months more. Believe it or not, I was very nice and polite when I spoke the truth, after the mom asked why I would not sell her the car.

The blue Falcon was owned by a beautiful sexy young blond Scorpio woman, we became friends, she treasured the car and over the years I helped her with the Falcon's few problems. Unfortunately she had a boyfriend who she later married, he "got the girl" and I got the car. Them is the breaks.

So I currently own three Falcons, down from four Falcons. There are plenty of stories attached to all three cars, and I've shared a bit on each over the years on this forum.

The black Falcon with the extra chrome trim, the black Futura, the motor in that one belonged to the wife of the gentleman who started Rainier Falcons, Jessica. There is plenty of history in my cars!!

Glad you enjoyed the photos, I hope to get better pictures in the coming weeks. By the way, those two black Falcons, I had to buy four Falcons to build those two Falcons, they were junkyard cars, one was nothing but a shell.

Classic Inlines

I too wanted to get some stuff from Classic Inlines. Their website is still up. I was about to place an order, but had a question, so decided to call. The number is disconnected. I was afraid to enter my CC number after that.

FWIW, here's what's posted at FordSix Performance with respect to Classic Inlines website:

As most of you know. Since Mike (AzCoupe) passed away. No one has access to the classicinlines.com website. If you try to place an order from the website, it will get lost in cyberspace.

Please email nocancr@msn.com if you're looking for products

Also, please be patient. Does10s and his wife are handling everything as time permits.
    This comment was posted by the assistant admin on 9.30.15
    Phil

Thanks, Phil. I decided last night to throw caution to the wind and place an order there, since I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else at a reasonable price. Interestingly, I did get an order confirmation - although that appears to be from the credit card processor. From what you're saying, that may not make it through to Does10s. I'll follow up with an email to the address you provided.

Classic Inlines

I saw this article yesterday that says Classic Inlines has been purchased by a new owner and the performance cylinder head is back in production.

The article starts out saying: "Since the first Mustangs and Falcons ...."
    It would be more correct to say: "Since the first Falcons and Mustangs ...."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...2AZ?ocid=ientp
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    I saw this article yesterday that says Classic Inlines has been purchased by a new owner and the performance cylinder head is back in production.

The article starts out saying: "Since the first Mustangs and Falcons ...."
    It would be more correct to say: "Since the first Falcons and Mustangs ...."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...2AZ?ocid=ientp
    Thank you Ew1, that was an informative article. It quoted the weights of the iron and alloy heads as being 46 pounds and 26 pounds respectively. That actually sounds light for the iron head.

It will be interesting to see what kind of performance Falcon owners get with this head and a mild build, meaning nothing more than a header, a two barrel carb, and nothing more or just inexpensive mods.

It would be nice if the above provides at least a 40 hp boost and 50 ft lb of torque, that should wake up a little Falcon.

The new company is Vintage Inlines.
    https://www.vintageinlines.com/
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Run! Don't look back!

Freddie had one of these heads. Gary and I are both frightfully aware its true weight.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"