Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd Vibration

I agree with Jeff. I can't think of anything, engine-wise, to cause an across-the-board drop like that.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

odd vibration

Well I am going to my brothers today I will drive the falcon and run a quick check on one of the cylinders with his gauge. In the mean time I have been looking at a 250 engine to put in it. I think its a straight across swap.

odd vibration

well I have been working on the falcon and I think I found the smoking gun. The head gasket was bad between # 4 & #3. I also found out my engine is a 1966 200 . Now the new problem. It has two bent push rods and I cant find any in the auto parts stores. I am looking for a couple fresh ones new or used if anyone has any suggestions It would sure help

I'm sure any auto machine shop can order you the right ones, but make sure they have a sample to see before ordering. By '66 I think all 200's were non-adjustable rockers with pushrods being a specific length. Measuring a non-bent one may be critical.

Good luck and thankfully you found the main issue.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"