Thread: Interesting Pull-a-Part find

Interesting Pull-a-Part find

Thought this might be interesting...

I was at the Pull a Part this morning to scout out some more for this truck I'm working on -- anyway they had a 62 Fairlane in there and it looks like it was a project somebody did a lot of work on and abandoned. All the upholstery had been redone and is still in the car. Don't know if these split bench seat are the same as a Falcon, but they looked really good and maybe the material could be transferred to a Falcon. Lots of engine parts and a 3.03 3-speed and tons of stainless trim all piled inside. It was like "I'm done with this" and they let it go.

Sadly it would make a really nice car -- but now it will be destroyed...

...and I have no doubt they'll start using that new upholstery to lay on under other cars... If I'd have had some help I would have bought them.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Kenny and I went there Sunday to get a new seat belt and DPFS sensor for my Aerostar. I snagged the steering wheel, rear view mirror and bracket, the ebrake handle assembly (this one says "BRAKE") one arm rest, window cranks and inside door handles, dome light assembly... all better shape than what I have on my wagon. We even dug around in the mud and found the two fine threaded fender bolts I was missing.

It looks like the guy/gal spent bunch of money and time before giving it up. The front end looks rebuilt, new rear shocks on the 8" rear... still complete and 5 lug, The tunnel looked modified and enlarged - plans for a big power plant? The doors, tan seats (5 inches wider than a Falcon) radiator support and suspension are all beautiful.

Ah man.... if I'd have known you guys were going I would have met up and had one of you help me load them out. I'm 10 minutes from there. This stuff is so inexpensive from there it would have been worth buying just to resell. Oh well...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"