Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mini Regional

Id volunteer my wife she take a mean set of notes, but we have a difference in location issue..
    Like we live 300 plus miles away
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

2015 Mini Regional

Would it be possible to have a different volunteer at each meeting to take notes and give them to the secretary to post? Without the notes it is hard for those that couldn't attend to see what decisions or issues come up. It is also hard for us to remember what decisions were made. Not trying to make it harder, just trying to help.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    I already PM'd Patrick on that. He is our web guy.

As for a secretary, I'm not going to do that too....

It's fixed.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    Would it be possible to have a different volunteer at each meeting to take notes and give them to the secretary to post? Without the notes it is hard for those that couldn't attend to see what decisions or issues come up. It is also hard for us to remember what decisions were made. Not trying to make it harder, just trying to help.
    The problem Larry is that for the duration the club has not had an official Secretary, who would be taking notes and posting them. Kenny has been the fill-in on this position, but wasn't there officially. For the most part this club is being run by volunteers and not elected officials. Not exactly by-law to the letter activity, but because Kenny is generally always at the meeting, as am I, we've made do.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

2015 Mini Regional

My brother is going to come this direction from Tucson while we have the mini-meet and then we will head down to Reno for Hot August Nights. Is it okay if he brings his beautiful 64 Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone to the meet?
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I'm thinking it's mandatory!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

2015 Mini Regional

My brother Jerry and his 64 Fairlane will come since Kenny said it's mandatory. It is also his birthday on the 26th so it should be fun. I am attaching some pics of his car and hope they come through.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Day late, dollar short, but I agree with Kenny. Because it is not a national club meet, the more the merrier as long as they are FoMoCo related. I think we need to draw the line there. But last year we had a couple Fairlanes and some Merc's and that's OK by me. As long as we get them to sell those other Fords and buy a Falcon, we'll have done our job.

I sent out some newsletter copy to the national club and hopefully we'll see something in the newsletter in the next month or so. I've never, ever, received replies from them, but material magically appears regardless. So keep your eye out there.

There has been some back discussion about posting information and making sure everyone knows things are happening as planned. We'll discuss some more about this at the meeting on Feb 18th and get a firm grip on the duties, but hopefully we are all pitching in as needed to make this meet a success. It takes us all. And if you have doubts about what you are needing to do, or have time to volunteer, or are struggling to keep up with your day-job and doing this, let us know as soon as you can! If you are not comfortable discussing it in the open, you can always PM me.

I've been trying, as I can, on this artwork stuff, but unfortunately it is tough, since the tools are on my work computer. So far things are not easily transporting over from the Mac world to the PC world I live in. And I've never needed to work on PrintQuality stuff - always web-based. Hope to work through it by starting from scratch, but there is a chance I'll come up short with the quality we saw from Joanna, who did this for a living. Won't be for lack of trying though.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

2015 Mini Regional

Since I am definitely in the stupid range when it comes to helping you with the visual material. Maybe some of our members know of someone in their family who could help. I am concerned that Roger is going to burn out on all this stuff, and we all know this club would collapse without him. We have to give as much help as possible, and if necessary can we have a professional help, and we all donate to cover the cost that is needed. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Agree with Larry....
    - I'm willing to pitch in for a pro if needed
    - What software are you using Roger?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

I had decals made up for the underneath hood area that didn't cost too much. Here is the site that did the work and they may be able to help us. I am willing to chip in to have professional help to give Roger some well deserved breaks. If I knew what we needed I will contact them, get a price and then show what it would cost to our members.

http://www.fastsigns.com/471-everett-wa
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Thanks for all the offers and support. I'm currently at home sick with some crud that seems to be making the rounds. Saw Larry at Costco today, in fact, as I was there picking up some fresh cold meds and he mentioned his graphic people.

The art sent to me by Joanna was complete and was slowly finding ways to make things work - did enough to get the web banner done - but just can't find time to dig into it lately. My key associate at work retired and the new kid who replaced him has a lot left to learn, and I've been tasked to help him.

Anyway, the applications used were Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Joanna worked in Mac and I'm a PC guy. I managed to convert the Mac fonts with a tool I found, but had about concluded starting from scratch might be faster for me than making the other bits cooperate.

Still unsure what all else we need. We all felt rather than a calendar we'd do a small poster. Maybe a 11x17 Kinkos thing will be fine. And a dash plaque. We also need the poster for the swap meet and Bellevue show.

So there you go. Back under the covers...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"