Thread: Auto Krafters or Dearborne?

Question Auto Krafters or Dearborne?

Like I said... Im fairly new to all this..... Whcih company is better to deal with, Auto Krafters or Dearborne Classics?
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Bill,

I've had nothing but good experiences with Dearborne Classics. And they're close too, so things get here pretty fast. Don't forget to give http://www.falconparts.com and http://www.nwfalcon.com a look as well -- who are both west coast Falcon parts dealers. Both of these have a lot of parts and knowledge. What sort of things are you looking for? That can determine who best to contact.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Hi Bill,

I've heard good and bad things about both of them. I've probably heard more bad things about Dearborn as far as expensive shipping and bad billing practices. My experience with both was good but it's been awhile so I just remember they seemed like smooth transactions.

I don't want to step on toes but I think it's a little weird that my last order with Dearborn contained a bunch of Christian literature. "Not that there's anything wrong with that..." but I always assume car parts are non-denominational...

I actually prefer Falcon Enterprises (www.falconparts.com) for Falcon-only parts. The owners, Ron and Rosie, are good people and very active in the Falcon Club of America. They have always been really fair. Plus, I think a lot of the vendors all carry the same parts, from the same manufacturers, so for me it's price and customer service.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks for the info....... Im looking for door panels, throw out bearing a little BLING stuff. I have dealt with Auto Krafters for a power steering valve and am happy........ Just soaking up knowledge....... keep those suggestions coming
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

I also meant to say there is a good section on www.tffn.net called "Vendor Feedback (Gripes/Praise)" that has polls for a lot of the Falcon vendors along with comments.

Just remember...you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I have dealt extensively with Dearborn. They have good service, their reproductions are generally OK, occasional back orders, which are sometimes a pain in the *** if you wait until the last minute to order your parts. Overall I would rate them about a 7 on the 1 to 10 scale. They do have discounts for $$$ spent at one time, so if you deal with them it would be best to save up your orders. Their pricing is generally in line with the other Ford parts guys. Check JEGS or Summit, they both have excellent service, a liberal return policy and decent pricing. I also like Northwest Classic Falcons in Portland. They have competitive pricing and most of all are honest and know one heck of a lot about old Fords. They also have a good selection of used hard to find parts.
    Hope this helps

I use Falcon Enterprises most of the time and thet have been great. I ordered my custom leaf springs from Dearborn and that went well to.

Call Jake and see what he can do you as far as door panels are concerned.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI