Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Update pics

Well, that at least explains the bright yellow glow I see just over the hill... I hope you're wearing your sunglasses.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

WOW. beautiful work.I hope mine gets to that stage one day.

Update pics

Well, if anyone ever needs to go through a painting project and have "Lessons Learned" given to them, I am the dude to talk to. This painting project is the first car I ever painted and it is a learning process for sure.
    I polished out the hood, the trunk, roof, doors and thought it looked good. It looked great even using a halogen light for reflection. I pushed the car out in the sun light and it showed small indentations that show up like light bulbs in the sun. I am sanding it again and will polish all over again. I originally block sanded the car and had the body the way I wanted. But when I final sanded the clearcoat prior to polishing I used a softer rubber block and it didn't hold the smoothness that I wanted. Thought it wouldn't matter since the body was smooth. Wrong. According to the "Auto-body 101" web site I should have used the harder block and I am not the first dufus to do this. Minor imperfections only are visible and my wife thinks I am nuts but I don't like it.
    Sooooooooo resanding it all and polishing again. May have to reapply additional coats of clear if I have to sand very much. I will get there someday. If the temperatures stay in the 50's I can keep my garage at 65 with heaters to finish the job during the Christmas break. More to come I am sure and the next pics should look better than the last ones.

Update pics

I finally have the back half of my car polished. Couple of pics attached. Still need to do the doors, front fenders and hood. I am going to take a couple of days off from working on the body and install the Tri-Y headers. It will give me a chance to do something different for awhile and I won't have to lean over polished front fenders to do it. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

That bird really sparkles! Good job on sticking to it through the gloomy months. You'll be glad it's done when you're cruising around this summer with the windows down and your sunglasses on!!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Wow! That car is so shiny. I don't think I want to try to follow it in the bright sunlight. Have to have VERY dark sunglasses! Beautiful, Larry!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Pretty cool Larry... I'll have to arrange to visit and see it in person soon. Just think, pretty soon the fun part begins of putting on all the new shiny stuff to match the other new shiny stuff! Fun...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Update pics

How about coming over when I get all done with the paint polishing and you can give me some tips on putting in things like the windows, windshield, back glass, trim, etc, etc. Or you might even want to put some of the shiny things on while you are here????? I am soooooo anxious to start putting things together it will be hard to wait. I started to put the tail lights in but then decided to wait awhile. Seems like such a long time ago that I built the rotisserie, sand blasted, sanded it all down to the empty shell that was.
    Finally I feel like I am getting somewhere. It is not a simple task by any means but if I get it done and GOD willing I will, it may be one of the best, difficult and rewarding tasks I ever tackled.
    The members of this club have been so helpful with my myriad questions and technical help. Hopefully it will be on the road this year and going to shows with you all. Larry

When you get it done can you come help me!?!? I am where you were probably a year or two ago. Can't wait to start doing the sheet metal work. At least that will be putting something back on the car instead of cutting it off.
    Beautiful work by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    How about coming over when I get all done with the paint polishing and you can give me some tips on putting in things like the windows, windshield, back glass, trim, etc, etc. Or you might even want to put some of the shiny things on while you are here?????
    Whenever you're wanting a hand with the shiny stuff, just call.

I still dread heading out into my garage to do anything; it's so miserable out there. Come-on Spring! Though I guess I "now" have something to do out there...
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"