Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Out for a spin.

My new record.

Woohoo! I drove The Wonder Falcon 6,118 miles in 2016 without a single breakdown.

The Falcon is my daily driver and it makes the trips to and from work fun.

Miles in 2015: 4,305
    Miles in 2014: 4,280
    Miles in 2013: 3,999
    Miles in 2012: 291
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

That really is a "Wonder Falcon." If I put on 60 miles a year it's a good year, but I'm hoping to do more this year. Maybe 80 miles!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

23rd Annual Ford & Mustang Roundup 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    That really is a "Wonder Falcon." If I put on 60 miles a year it's a good year, but I'm hoping to do more this year. Maybe 80 miles!
    Hello, Roger.

My goal is to put 100,000 miles on the The Wonder Falcon. It will take maybe sixteen more years at the rate that I am going. I am 55 now, so I need to hustle!

My wife and I drove a pleasant 230-mile round trip From Tampa to Silver Springs on Florida Scenic Highway 301 to attend the "National Parts Depot's 23rd Annual Ford & Mustang Roundup 2017". We drove up on Friday afternoon, spent the night, attended the show, and drove home yesterday afternoon. The temperature dropped to the mid-fifties and I got to use my heater! It worked very nicely and kept us comfortable warm. The car ran smoothly and quietly. Perfect. I felt like I was driving a luxury car.

Commemorative Photo 1-07-2017.jpg

The awards were given based on "people choice" ballots. I selected the following car as "Best Mustang". It is my ideal Mustang, completely stock with whitewall tires, wheel covers, and a 260 V-8. What a beautiful little car!

IMG_0709.jpg

For "Best Ford" I chose the black Model A. The green and tan ones were cleaner and in better shape, but the black one was a little dirty and looked like it had been driven. Anyone who drives their Model A to a car show is a hero and deserves an award.

IMG_0723.jpg

For "Best of Show" I bowed before the Wonder and the Grandeur of a 1960 Lincoln Continental. Oh, my gosh.

IMG_0730.jpg

... and I loved the 1929 Model A speedster. Dang, I would enjoy taking that little car for a spin.

IMG_0721.jpg

We enjoyed the show!
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

A car show in January!

What a great state you live in.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Yeah... but what's up with all that wetness and people wearing coats? I didn't think people wore coats in Florida.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I love my Falcon.

I have not posted for a while because nothing has gone wrong that I needed advice on to fix. My last breakdown was three years ago when the fuel pump quit. I drive my Falcon to and from work every day and all that happens is that the car starts instantly. The automatic choke works perfectly. The Ford-O-Matic transmission performs wonderfully. The car rides smoothly, it handles great, it runs quietly and smoothly, steers effortlessly, and accelerates instantly. The car performs perfectly every time. I marvel at how well this car performs. It does everything that it is supposed to do. The Ford engineers did a fantastic job on the design of this car. It is is an absolute joy to drive. Falcons are wonderful little automobiles. I really really really like my Falcon.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 5th, 2017 at 07:30 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

Love reading this - would love to have a daily driver Falcon myself but can't see that happening unless I am single.

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    I have not posted for a while because nothing has gone wrong that I needed advice on to fix. My last breakdown was three years ago when the fuel pump quit. I drive my Falcon to and from work every day and all that happens is that the car starts instantly. The automatic choke works perfectly. The Ford-O-Matic transmission performs wonderfully. The car rides smoothly, it handles great, it runs quietly and smoothly, steers effortlessly, and accelerates instantly. The car performs perfectly every time. I marvel at how well this car performs. It does everything that it is supposed to do. The Ford engineers did a fantastic job on the design of this car. It is is an absolute joy to drive. Falcons are wonderful little automobiles. I really really really like my Falcon.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

Dennis,
    I think you forgot to mention something important..........
    it's a BEAUTY!

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Great to hear Dennis.
    (Funny thing is I was just wondering about that.)
    ....but there's got to be something to tweak?...??
    You may need to get another falcon or maybe a ranchero as a project.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by dhbfaster View Post
    ....but there's got to be something to tweak?...??
    You may need to get another falcon or maybe a ranchero as a project.
    That can be a dangerous thing to wish upon someone...

But Dennis, your daily travels may seem mundane to you, but your writing about them and posting the various pictures of the car parked here and there are great. They exhibit life connected with the Falcon you love to drive. I post a lot of picture of things I'm doing to bring cars back to life, but your pictures are of the life lived with the car. Far, far, better and more interesting to me.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"