Thread: Replacement Ranchero

Replacement Ranchero

Here are some pictures of the "replacement" ranchero. I took them as I was taking my initial look at it. Not the best and I hope to get better ones a little later.
    You might have seen it listed on Craigslist. Exceptionally clean everywhere and everything works with the exception of the odometer.
    The paint job is far from show quality but very presentable and just fine for me. The previous owner appears to be very honest (what a pleasant surprise given my recent experience). It is obvious he took a lot of pride in the rig. It has a 5 speed manual with mustang bucket seats. The engine bay looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Drives great, straight, and no slop. Drum brakes take a little getting used to but just fine.

Hopefully my uploading of pictures work....otherwise will try again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice and congratulations.

I love the paint on the valve covers.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

I also like how it is done. The paint is a pretty "calming" color. If anyone has an interest in a matching air cleaner and valve covers let me know. Like a lot of other parts they are just lingering in the garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where is the like button Looks to be very nice, color is great, interior stands out,engine compartment clean. Looks like something you can just get in and drive and enjoy

Replacement Ranchero

Very nice looking Ranchero. Whoever the owner was did indeed keep it in good shape. Love the looks of the engine bay. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Very nice.

Have you had a look in the hidden compartment yet?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, are you referring to the compartment beneath the front of the bed where the bed panel can be removed? If so, yes I have There appears to be one small area that has been patched and done well....the rest of the area looks to be solid and sealed well.

The bed has had the roll on type liner on it and looks to be very solid.

I am anxious to get some miles on it.....so far the miles I have driven have been fun....but a guy needs a strong left leg for the clutch.

Finally happy to get what appears to be a solid rig that has been treated well.

I will have to get to some of the shows this year that you guys go to.

I still need to peddle the hot rod....bite the bullet and take the loss. The one offer I have is lower than would like....but space is an issue with me so am considering it. I guess the sooner it is gone my disgust with the whole purchase will start to go away.

Hal

Very nice Ranchero!
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Hal - yep, that was the area I was talking about. Glad to hear of one that didn't get rotted away from 50 years of neglect.

Would have liked to have seen the sellers of these telling the new owners, "Now you be sure and remove that panel every year and clean out the crud you find under there - or it'll rust away to nothing." Somehow, I don't think they made that suggestion to new owners back then.

Like how many of you know that many new cars today do not include a spare tire? I found out my new Soul didn't - on YouTube - not from the dealership.

http://newsroom.aaa.com/wp-content/u..._Aug_20131.pdf
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"