Thread: Uncle brake switch help

Uncle brake switch help

Ok I've searched and searched and cannot find a picture of this brake switch conversion. I figured while I was doing the front disc swap I'd convert to the under the dash switch. I have the later brake pedal so I thought this would be easy. I installed the switch wired it up and no worky. Now if I manually depress the switch viola brake lights so I know the switch is good. Why won't it work when I press the brake pedal?? Did I miss a shim or something?

Anyone got a pic of their setup?
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

If the light goes ON when you push the button, sounds like it is Normally Open. The switch I put on my rig is Normally Closed. But with your non-standard brake pedals I don't know what you need.

I just pushed out the rubber stop bumper from my stock pedal and inserted the Ford Truck switch helf in with two jam nuts.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Thanks Jeff, I searched for another hour or so and found a link where you talked about it and had the part number. So I ran down (40 miles round trip) to my local parts house and got one. I'm going to install it as soon as I give the dog a bath, clean the shower, mow the back yard, wash the van, help make dinner, etc etc etc. it's all good.
    I have that little square bumper on mine to and after looking it seem to be the way to go. Thanks!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

The brake master push rod has to have a squared off end where it interfaces with the switch. They are tricky to figure out, so you went the right way with the other type of switch, which is the way we do it on most swaps.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"