Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update: Jay Leno's dream car the 63 1/2 Sprint

Update: Jay Leno's dream car the 63 1/2 Sprint

He also joined the fca...

Rumor has it that the fca is contacing mr. leno to see if he can attend next years national.
    just a rumor though..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

I always wanted to drive my 63 hardtop down the alley behind jays shop and burn the tires for him, and now I think I will, anyone want to take a quick trip to L.A.? of all the cars he has and likes the 63 is great....jh

Let's go!!. I don't think his road is long enough though. I can get a lot longer black marks than that. That is a beautiful car. I love the fact that Leno is so down to earth. Seems like a real person.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

He needs to add a 4-link or at least some traction bars. Lots of wheel hop probably kept him from laying down a 1/4 mile burn-out. Nice car though.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I should email mr.leno and tell him he needs some traction masters.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Well now I can say Jay Leno has the same car as me! Questioning my stock idea now.......
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

There are so many ways you can go with that car. It looks good stock or hot. I saw a 63 1/2 in Reno last year that was set up exactly like the one Jay is driving. I wondered when I saw this if it's the same car. The one change I really like that they did was the five speed.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

I like the 5 speed idea, and the bigger motor. Wouldnt that effect the value of the car since it is a Sprint?

Depends on the buyer.

If the buyer wants a musem piece thats 100% original then yes, it will affect the value to that particular buyer.

If the buyer wants the old car of his childhood memories, but wants modern technology in it to make it more reliable,safer,funner to drive then no it wont affect the value.

I think calling it a sprint, while its missing the correct tach, and the side trim is red not plain makes me question if it truely is a sprint. It has the steering wheel and glove box though. How many hardtops have you seen listed as sprints just because theyre a hardtop?

I also dont care for the fog lights.. the under bumper back up lights and under license plate brake light. But thats just me. Its still a great car and its even cooler that Mr. Leno likes falcons. Even prefers the roundbody to the wedge body (64/65).

The really neat thing is i have a 63.5 sprint.. it used to be white, black interior instead of red. I kept the 260 but i have the five speed..

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Caveat Emptor

Nice article on the trouble with identifying 63 1/2 Sprints since the normal VIN and Data Plate numbers are shared with the Futura Hardtop.

http://www.westcoastfalcons.com/scff.../63sprints.htm

Identifying a 64/65 Sprint is not a problem via the VIN and thus limits deception or incorrect identification.

FYI - Here is the original listing that shows all the MODS made to Mr. Leno's new 63 1/2 Sprint.

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/04/10/...falcon-sprint/
    Last edited by 64SprintV8; August 8th, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Well I know I have the 63 260, the insignia on the sides, and glovebox, the tach, the steering wheel. Wish I had the 4 speed though. lol I paid more for mine, because it was a Sprint. Dang it! maybe I shouldnt have Im not going to sell it any wat

Mine has all the correct badges.. the sprint badges are even three pin. Instead of the later 4 pin.
    i have the steering wheel, tach, and glove box door. Missing the correct headliner has moon crater black replacement.
    i have the chrome valve covers and air cleaner, not that theyre still on the car.

The only thing mine has that the article says is incorrect is my tail panel says futura.

Mine is also a very early production car. I also think it depends on how the sprint package was ordered. Did the buyer take a base model falcon and order a v8 and added the sprint package or did they order a futura and then add the sprint package?

I think there was more than one way to buy a sprint in 1963.5.. or maybe i have a fake..

Either way i wish mine had the 4 speed too.. mine HAD the 2speed auto.. yuk

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Nathan, though I'm not a Sprint owner, I have the 4-speed from a '64 Comet, and long for a 5-speed. Want to swap?

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

No thanx... i have too much time and $$$$ into my t5 swap... one day it might be done. Im hoping to have the transmission in by tomorrow if i can find the clutch fork anti rattle clip at the recyclers saturday.

None of the big chain stores carry it.. i figured maybe in the dorman help section.. nope

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper