Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monte Carlo Bar

I can't say for sure it made a difference on it's own as I also replaced the stock sway bar with a 1-1/8" one at the same time. But either one of them or both of them made a big difference! Doesn't dive into corners like it used to for sure. I also replaced the strut rod bushings (rubber) and went with poly end link bushings.

Just too many things were done at once to pinpoint which component made the most difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Jim Morrison says "Let it roll, baby, roll."

Hey, guys. Thanks for the input.

Right now, my front end is completely worn out. The twenty year old shocks are not doing anything. The sway bar link bushings are worn out and the stock sway bar is flapping around and not doing anything. The ball joints are worn out and the front wheels are out of alignment, etc., etc.

And despite all of that, the car still tracks straight and is fun to drive.

There will be a dramatic difference in ride quality and steering and handling after replacing all the worn out parts and getting everything back to original base line stock. I'll wait to see how satisfied I am with everything then before I start changing anything else (stiffer sway bars, engine braces, etc). I may be happy with it as is and not need to do any further changes.

If I were to change everything all at once, I won't know what did what. It would be like Kenny said: "Just too many things were done at once to pinpoint which component made the most difference."
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 14th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Dennis,

I think it's pretty well known these cars were weak in these areas. I just did both parts in my Ranchero, which was a 6'r gone V8 and is lacking the torque boxes your car has (and Kenny's lacks as well). I can say, in my case, it was substantial the difference it made. Yours may be less noticable, but considering I got a "bundle deal" for buying both, I took the savings and did them both at the same time. I also added a new 1 1/8" sway bar, but have yet to see much curves yet - going in for the front-end alignment tomorrow finally. I'd consider them proactive parts to keep the car nice and stiff where they're known not to be.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"