Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing cover for my 200?

Timing cover for my 200?

I'm going through my engine to see what sort of shape it's in before I put it back in and I noticed the threaded boss on the timing cover, which is where the alternator bracket bolts, is broken/gone/ground away. So does anyone have a spare floating around?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So nobody has a timing cover huh... bummer.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

Stand by Roger I think I have one on the pole car... I will check it out tonight.

That's the one I pulled the alternator brackets from. Never even considered it for some reason. But yes, if it didn't hit the pole too, it would work.

Heck you could send it to me via post office for $5 (refundable) and that would be to me in a day. The front end parts being sent that way would probably still be cheaper than a drive.

If I don't find any wiped journals on the crank - I will probably throw the 6 back in for now - if I can get the timing cover. I can get the parts I need (gaskets, bearings, timing chain set, and freeze-plugs) for less than $200. Let me know tonight if you can. That'll allow me tomorrow to gather parts from the locals.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

For what its worth, the van I pulled parts from on Sunday had a later model 200 in it. You can see if the guy will take a picture of it and possibly pull and sell it. He does ebay sales a lot so it doesn't seem too far off:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/2517457970.html

I also have a trip coming up to go see Steve for some coating, probably the morning of the 5th or 6th if that helps exchange any parts.
    Last edited by BPVan; July 28th, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Brian
    '67 Falcon Bus/240/C4/Offy DP/MSD Duraspark II/Holley 4160

Thanks Brian. Hopefully you got something good off the van.

We'll see what Steve finds out tonight and go from there (assuming he comes out from under that rock he was running for).

I have yet to check the Pick and Pull for anything yet either, which I would do before driving up to Granite Falls.

I'm going to make whatever move 200 or 289 tomorrow - one way or the other. Inspecting the rest of the crank needs to happen next.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"

I am out of here in about 30 minutes. I can't find you # but if you want to give me a call about 6:00 I will know for sure.

Roger; The TCC is clean and in the box and at the Post Office. You should see it in the am tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Steve!

I really appreciate that.

I found the exhaust manifold is cracked in about 3 places and I was sure I had the one from the wagon in the shed. So I started digging around out there yesterday and found what I thought was it - but it had a sticker on it saying $5 and PB. So it was Patrick's manifold from the swap meet. And they are not really the same. The outlet uses a small flat gasket and mine needs the dough-nut gasket and larger diameter.

You said that pole-car had a decent manifold?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"