Thread: Messy Garage... I almost see floor!

Messy Garage... I almost see floor!

So shortly after buying the current project, I had to fly to CA to pack up my house down there and move everything up here to the new place.

I KNOW we donated, gave away, sold and yard sale'd a BUNCH of stuff. Why there's still SOOO MUCH STUFF that came with us, I just don't know. Add to that, the different layout of this new place, certain things just don't fit, etc. So the garage became the mecca for boxes o' stuff.

My sister owns an auction house, so I've been trying to dump as much stuff in to boxes that I can drop off with her. I've made it to where I can see FLOOR in the garage. Several boxes in there actually say GARAGE on them... This must mean I'm getting close. Almost time to hit up Lowes for some garage shelving so I can get somewhat organized in there.

The movers did a FAN TAS TIC job on moving my things. They snapped the drain pipe/valve off the bottom of my compressor. I think I have enough space to get an ez-out in there to remove the piece of tubing that still in there. My media blast cabinet showed up EMPTY? But the drain door is closed... hm, weird. ok, so... here's the part that really got me. The FIRST thing I see when they open the side doors on the semi trailer... My stacked, rollaway toolbox... lying facedown, down a step. I locked the drawers and shrink wrapped this thing and they still had the drawers open up with tools falling out. For lack of better words and to hide my true feelings, the "genius" driver had the "brilliant" idea to just roll the thing up on it's top, then over to its wheels. Yeah, good luck with that Pal. I bet you can't even budge it. I removed the brackets that hold the top box in place, set it upright. They dollied that over to the garage. Then I showed "genius" the wheels on the lower box... so we stood it up and rolled it to the garage. Set the top box on, reattach brackets, etc. The box made it with minor dents to the lid. It took some serious drawer shaking to get things to settle inside to where I could even open them. Now, I haven't been in it yet to fix everything. Now I used to be an aircraft mechanic. My toolbox is VERY organized... er... WAS... I'm sure it's going to take me the better part of 2 hours to go through and put things back where they belong.

Meh... let's see... where was I... Is anyone still reading this? lol.

Long story, sh, well, long... once I can see floor and have shelves in place, I intend to pull the 302 and c4 out of the car so I can go through those, clean up the engine bay, cut out the rusted floors and weld in the new panels I bought... Then... What SEATS do I put in? There are currently NO seats. I read somewhere about a truck seat of some sort that fits in the rear area without too much modification. What about front seats? I prefer buckets. Not opposed to the foxbody mustang GT seats, though I'm getting older and comfy is a good thing.

This will just be an around town car. Local shows. Highway worthy to make trips down to Portland, etc. So no plastic race seats.

On a side note, I have what looks like a 65-66 mustang rear seat that came in this car. It's red (hate red interior). It's actually in really good shape if anyone knows of anybody needing a rear for their mustang.
    Anyway... if you're still here, thanks for letting me ramble. Can't wait to actually get things organized, fixed and tools touching Falcon...

Oh yeah, this is a '64 2-door post. V8 car. It seems to be sort of a Calico variety of colors. Mostly blue. Every car I've ever redone, I've put black carpet, seats, etc. into. This one has a blue dash in it and I sort of like it. Thinking I might actually redo the dash in blue, a dark blue carpet.. Maybe a black with blue or blue with black seats...

ok, I can now tell that the pain meds have me rammmmmmbling. This isn't a Nash site... so, Adieu!

Reminds of my move to Washington...guy shows up with a half full semi (he needed an empty one) and says "Oh they WAY under quoted this job!" I'll let your imagination do the rest of the work on how it went from there!

Anyway...Welcome to the forum, and hopefully welcome to the club! When you get a chance, post some pics of your falcon- and your newly organized tool box. Hey, at least your stuff got here!
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Yup, welcome to the Forum. I echo Don's post regarding pics of your ride. We like 'em!

Sounds like you want to go with buckets, but in case you decide on a inexpensive alternative, I have a totally rebuilt and recovered seat from my Ranchero, in '65 two-tone blue in VERY good condition. Just want to get it out of my way and will let it go cheap. Pics on request (they're already on here somewhere, but I can't find them).

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"