Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: uh-oh i'm in trouble

Let me know when your ready to sell that one Roger! The 67 is doing great and the kid is still smiling!
    Looks nice but you need to button her up and drive. I found the only cure for the WIAI is to run out of money!
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

I agree. Some things are easier to do while its apart than once it's together. Getting real close though.

Probably won't be selling it anytime soon though... or as cheap. You got a smoking deal on the black truck. If he does stuff to it, would love to see pics.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger,

Sold the truck a while ago.. $3500, made a little profit.
    New owner drove it to quincy, wa with out a hick up.
    He's taking it to the Boise, Id area.

I'm stalled on the hard top.. just too busy lately to finish paint prep.
    I'm guessing it wont be finished by July.. and if it is it wont be done well..

Thinking about getting it panted and selling it.. we'll see.. depends on how well it turns out..

I actually want to pick up another truck.. I'm watching a 1966 slick swb with a 390 on craigslist. Its gone from $4000 to $2750.. if it gets low enough I might be tempted.. its 800 mile round trip.. so driving down and waving cash isnt an option.

The wife is against it. She wants a 50s truck.. has to be swb big back window.. 57 to 59 only or 49 to 51..

Guess i need to buy some lotto tickets..
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Finally done!

I meant to post this earlier, but forgot. Last Friday I took the truck over to Line-X and had the bed coating applied. Turned out really nice. Still amazed at how little damage (apart from the rust Gene and I addressed in the front) this truck had. Here's a couple pics of how it all turned out.

linex1.jpg
    linex2.jpg
    linex3.jpg

Then I cleaned up the bed trim and put that on.

ohboy1.jpg

Being out under the trees all the time I hope this keeps it from getting too ratty too soon. It is a pain somewhat to put on.

cover.jpg

Now I'm trying to put my garage back in order so I can put the Falcons back where they belong! It grew into such a chaotic mess I couldn't find anything.

Feels good though to be project-less. I'm getting too old to keep up with myself.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Here is my latest oops.

Or should i say the wife's?.. we were inly going to look..

Took it to long beach, wa this weekend. Stopped at rim rock lake on the way back.. sandwiched 2 stops at bale breaker brewery. Coming and going.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

It looks pristine. Thanks for including the shot of the inside. Brings back memories of the 70' with my folks.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Same here. I think we (my folks) had a Shasta with that exact same floor plan. The condition looks amazing. What year is it?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Hehehe. I cheated its a brand new 2016.
    Shasta in celebration of their 75th anniversary re-released the 1961 airflyte. They only produced 1941 units for this celebration, they are built in 2 floor plans. 16 foot or 19 foot and come in your choice of 3 colors. Red, sea foam, butternut yellow.

Shasta just finished production, so if you are in the buying market you better hurry.

Mine is unit 1183. Its 1 of 310 19 foot red units built.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper

Nice...
    The one we had must have been a 70's version. Seems like the same floor plan though and it had those wings on the back.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

uh-oh i'm in trouble

Nathan, you aren't going to be pulling it with the new Ford are you??? Now you need to get that older Ford your were mentioning to fit with the trailer. Love the trailer. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

My plan is to find a 57 through 60 f250.

Put a modern engine and transmission in it and haul ***.

If it weren't for the sprint being painted right now, id own the truck too. I found a 1960 f250 big back window truck. Two tone blue and white.. oh well timing sucked.
    Nathan and Jen Cooper