Thread: "Rat Fink" Gold mine?

"Rat Fink" Gold mine?

I had my first physical therapy appt. today for some knee trouble I'm having and got into an interesting conversation with the therapist. We got talking about old cars and I brought up the subject of lowbrow art. She did not know what that was so I said "have you ever heard of Rat Fink?"

I was expecting the answer to be "no". But instead, she told me how she has original Rat Fink comic books stored in plastic from her childhood! I suggested she look into what they are worth, and told her to call me if she ever decides to sell them. Does anyone have an idea of their value?

Thor

I did a quick eBay search but only found a few fom the early 90s. When was her childhood? I would venture to guess she won't get anywhere near some of the prices for old mainstream comics like Superman, X-Men, Spiderman, etc.

But Rat Fink has a following for sure. Found this on craigslist awhile back and thought it was interesting. Expensive but I always think rolling toolboxes are expensive. Probably why I don't have one yet.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tls/215580343.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Kenny,

That would be cool to have- wouldn't want to get it all dirty though. I don't know how old she was at the time, but I thought she told me they were '68 or '69 but I'm not exactly sure.

Thor
    Last edited by Sedanman; October 11th, 2006 at 08:15 PM.