Thread: On my drive home ....

On my drive home ....

I have driven past this pet store before and thought that their mural was really nice. This morning I brought my camera with me and took a picture of it while I was driving home from work. Work is just an excuse to drive my Falcon.

Groovy Cats & Dogs
    Groovy Pets (2).jpg

Peace, Love, Pets
    Mural.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; July 31st, 2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Starship Falcon

I went for a drive this morning and snapped these pictures:

06-DCP_5446 (4).jpg

"To Infinity, ... and Beyond!"
    08-DCP_5448 (3).jpg

Scotty's favorite line: "I no canna hold her, Captain! She's gonna blow!"
    09-DCP_5449 (2).jpg

I like the big ice cream cone:
    04-DCP_5444 (3).jpg

05-DCP_5445 (4).jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 3rd, 2014 at 06:27 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

Thanks for all the views of your Falcon, it was a pleasure to see more photos of your car!! :-)

Dennis - Have you submitted a picture of your car, in one of these cool locations, for the calendar? We'll make sure you get a copy even if you're not able to drive all the way across the country to Griots on the 14th of September.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Calendar Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Dennis - Have you submitted a picture of your car, in one of these cool locations, for the calendar? We'll make sure you get a copy even if you're not able to drive all the way across the country to Griots on the 14th of September.

Thanks, Roger!

I had hesitated to send something because Joanna said that it needed to be "high resolution" and my photos were made "low resolution" in order to send them by e-mail. I sent the following photo to Joanna and she said that the resolution was "probably OK". I like the "Explore Florida" title. It will surprise my wife if this gets included. She will be a "Calendar Girl".
    Explore Florida.jpg

One time when I first started driving the Falcon, I was leaving to get some gas. My wife went with me, but she was wearing some old house clothes. While we were at the gas station a guy walked up and started telling us how he had learned to drive in a Falcon. Then a girl ran up and and was all excited and asked if she could take pictures of the car to send to her father. My wife sank further and further down in the seat while the girl took pictures. Now my wife always gets dressed up when we go for a ride.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 5th, 2014 at 06:33 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

That's a great story! I can see that happening. I've only had my falcon out once (in the last 35 years) and three people came up to talk about it. I can't wait to get it driveable again.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Dennis, Maybe you could go out somewhere scenic for the purpose of getting a hi-res pic (I think you still have time before deadline?). I for one would be disappointed to NOT see your car in our calendar.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by SmithKid View Post
    Dennis, Maybe you could go out somewhere scenic for the purpose of getting a hi-res pic (I think you still have time before deadline?). I for one would be disappointed to NOT see your car in our calendar.
    Thanks, Gene.

That will give me an excuse to take the Falcon for a spin this weekend. I will be on a "high res" photographic mission.

After studying the situation, I realized that my 3.2 mega-pixel digital Kodak camera that I have been using since 2000 is insufficient. 3.2 mega-pixels was considered to be good at the time, but typical cameras are much more powerful now. I will borrow a recent vintage 16 mega-pixel Canon "PowerShot" and increase my resolution by 520%!
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 7th, 2014 at 05:14 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

Out and About

I took the Falcon for a spin this morning and tried out the borrowed high-resolution 16 mega pixel camera.

This is at a car wash. I liked the Mural.
    22-IMG_1275.jpg

Then I passed a Ford dealer and thought that it would be nice to get a shot with the Ford logo in the background. A couple of salesmen came out to see what was going on and they liked my old Ford.
    26-IMG_1279.jpg

My little Falcon and a pair of new 2014 Mustangs.
    24-IMG_1277.jpg

The Mustang to the right is a $63,000 "Rouse" edition. We both have hood scoops!
    27-IMG_1280.jpg

This is a nice BBQ sign.
    37-IMG_1290.jpg
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 9th, 2014 at 08:10 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

Driving with the windows down.

I drove my car to work today. On the trip home I chatted with a guy while we were stopped at a red light. He told me that he was fixing up a 1930 Model A. I asked if it was a hot rod. He said "No!", he was keeping it all original. Cool! The light changed and we took off and then a woman in a pickup truck next to me was honking her horn. I looked to see what was going on and saw that she was waving and giving me a "thumbs up". Then a car in front of her stepped on its brakes. She turned her head in time and had to slam on her brakes to keep from hitting them. The whole back of her truck lifted up! If I had been driving a new BMW or a Lexus, no one would have given me a second glance. But drive a Ford Falcon and people run into one another they are so busy looking at the car! A little further down the road a guy in the passenger seat of a moving van asked me if my car was a '64. I chatted with him a bit and he said that he liked my bumper sticker:

1-DCP_5559 (2).jpg

I told him that most people probably didn't know what it was. He said "No! I recognized it right away!"

I saved the bumper sticker image from the internet and then e-mailed the picture to Buildasign.com They put the picture on a magnetic backing so that it is easy to put on and remove.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; August 19th, 2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"