Thread: Fuel and Brake line routing

Fuel and Brake line routing

I am having trouble remembering how the fuel and brake lines route on the under side of my 64 falcon futura. I'm not using stock tubes so I am bending new ones to fit. It has been 1 1/2 years since I removed them. Thought I took pictures of everything that I removed but....... Anyway, if someone has a picture/s of the underside of the falcon could you send it/them to me.
    One thing I do remember. When I took the fuel line off I was amazed that any fuel could have gotten through the tube since it was smashed flat under a cross beam. Thanks Larry.

Don't think my `62 would help but it might be close. Are there still clips that hold down the lines along the underside? Or at least the holes they pop in to?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Fuel and Brake Line Routing

I can't even locate holes where it looks like the clips went. Maybe I am looking in the wrong area. Not sure. I have the front brake lines installed now to the brake master cylinder. Trying to figure out the back from the new proportioning valve below the master cyllinder to the rear. I think I can run it down the seft side of the tunnel but I am confused about the fuel line especially around the rear end area. Your 62 might be similar in that area. My gas tank sending unit where the hose hooks up is in the middle of the car on the forward side of the tank. Thanks very much. Larry

For the brake line, there should be a very obvious bracket that holds the soft hose that goes to the junction on the axle housing. It should be welded to the bottom of the pan near the differential. The hose I used for the 9" rearend I installed was shorter so I ended up making a new bracket and attached it with a sheet metal screw. In the link below you can see the original one in the background, lower right.

http://redfalken.com/pages/bracket.html

That gives you an ending point and I'm pertty sure it goes straight forward from there then up the firewall to the master cylinder (or prop valve). Of course you may have to zig and zag slightly to avoid anything that moves or might pinch. Unless you really want it to be stock I think there are probably a lot of ways to route the line and they'll all get you the same result. I think as short as possible would be good.

You can also see the fuel line in the link above. I think it might share a few clips with the brake line on it's way forward. Again, no wrong way to go as long as it's safe from moving parts.

If you want to look at how mine are installed, I'll be around most of the weekend. Or maybe someone reading this lives in your neck of the woods. I'm north of Ballard (Loyal Heights).

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks very much. I also noticed on your site the tubing running down the tunnel area shown in the picture with the transmission and drive shaft. I really appreciate the help. I will send a picture of the finished routing when I get them done. Larry

Thanks for the help and here are a couple of pictures of the brake and fuel routing. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images