Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anden... another 64 project...

Anden... another 64 project...

Greetings!

I was given the link to this site while browsing the falcon area over on Facebook. I just picked up another '64 2-door post to restore. Or, rather, I picked up a large bin of rusty bits that seems to resemble a '64 2-door post.

I'm not really sure what the plans are for this one yet. It was originally a V8 car, so it's ahead of the last '64 2-door post I did. That one was bought with no engine/trans and was a 6 cylinder car.

I've got it mostly cleaned out so far. My tools are all down south pending my move at the end of the month, so I only have my hands to work with. No broom, no vac, etc.

The PO had started to take the car apart for some reason. The driver's side valve cover was unbolted. The oil pan was dropped and the starter was out. Driveshaft removed, etc. Sooo... The plan for THOSE things is to just pull the engine and go through it to see what's going on. It turns over by hand and you can hear the compression on it. It's a 302 with standard stock rockers. I found 2 rusted out cams and a box of roller lifters in the backseat. But, I also found the rear seat from a 60's mustang and trim from what seems like the bed of an old truck. No other interior really.

Flintstone floor company has done their part. You can see pavement from any seat in the house. Tomorrow the new toe boards and front/rear/left/right floor pans should show up from C2C.

When it was dropped off at the house, I spent 2.5 hours with the pressure washer. It cleaned up fairly well. The picture below is after pressure washing and after removal from the abundance of odd parts inside.

Preparing to put the local vendors kids through college.. again..

So I know I need the rear seat. The front, I'm not sure if I'll go with newer mustang seats, or find some buckets to get rebuilt. It will need headliner, windshield, trunk and door seals, patches in the trunk, etc. Did I mention my tools are still down south until around the 5th of May? grrrrr
    Robert

It might not be as bad as all that.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Flintstone floor company has done their part. You can see pavement from any seat in the house.
    It just looks like surface rust on the floor from the pictures. I had a Falcon in the mid 80's where one of my back floor mats fell out through a hole in the floor. The car behind me dodged like they thought my muffler had fallen off. The body on your car looks solid with no dents. The paint looks nice. If you can put it all back together it will be a good car.
    Last edited by ew1usnr; April 20th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Pictures are deceiving. Thar be garage floor by looking at the floors from above.

I opted to buy all new pans and toe boards. Other areas seem like either patch work or resto of weatherstripping channel in trunk, etc.

I never do concourse restorations. I like the restomod drivers typically. I'm too poor for councourse! lol

I am partial to Falcons.

It will be a nice looking car when you get it back together. Send us pictures and let us watch as you bring it back to life.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

Yup Yup, that's the plan.

Where I work, they have a 'still in the box' Miller plasma cutter sitting on the shelf. Once I get my things moved up here next month, I'll be bringing that home for a weekend of torch time.

I'll keep the pics coming as things progress.

I see you found us rainier falconers.. hope it wasn't to hard

other than the passenger fender the car looks pretty good. Floors are easy peasey.

Now get your tools and get a crackin.

Nathan
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

yeah, can't wait to get the tools up here.

This is the 2nd 64 I've done with bad floors, so I'm all too familiar with removal and replacement. Good times. Looking forward to it.

*EDIT* just checked the tracking number. UPS has delivered the floors to the house today. 43 pounds of love.
    Last edited by helomech; April 21st, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Cap'n, thar be FLOORS here...

Floors

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Cap'n, thar be FLOORS here...
    Is the thickness of the steel replacement pieces the same as the thickness of the original floor? About how much does the box of floor pieces weigh?
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

I didn't weigh them, but the UPS tracking number showed 43 pounds.

They're thicker than the pieces of floor that are dangling out of the holes.

Those floors look great. This is a bad floor:

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...2&postcount=52

But yeah, anything is thicker than rusty holes. Those you got look like the pieces I bought for the passenger side, whereas the piece I put on the drivers side was both thicker and way closer to the original. I had to do a lot of massaging to get the passenger side to lay it on down. Hardly nothing on the drivers.

Welcome an board mate - looking forward to seeing someone else revive another Falcon.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"