Thread: Garage/Shop

Garage/Shop

I am getting ready to break ground in my backyard for a new garage/shop. It will have 12 foot ceilings in the garage and I am going to install a two post lift. I hope when finished we can have numerous work details to help with other folks cars. I will start posting some pictures but it will be a little while. First I have to remove two sheds, cut down my beautiful 26 year old monkey tree ( I will cry when it comes down) and remove half my existing deck and rebuild the new one.
    Then I can get the contractor in to clear the area, poor the footings and frame it. I may end up doing quite a bit to save bucks. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Whoo-hoo! Tech days at Larry's house!

Congratulations on this. I've always wanted to do this in my tall garage, but just can't get around the loss of my loft out there.

If you need a hand, we could probably setup a work-party to come help clear things with you. Just say the word!
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Combining building things and working on cars is always fun! Some day I'll have a garage I can actually get a car in...

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Garage/Shop

Things are still going slow on finishing my garage/shop but am getting the sheetrock up slowly. 67 yrs old and not enough money slows it down a lot. But, getting there. Here are a few pics. Garage has 12 foot ceilings and shop is 9 ft. Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Looking good Larry!
    My neighbor gave me a good suggestion. Take your time, and the deals and good ideas come. So far that has been working for me.
    Bill Proctor .. 1963 Falcon Sprint. Looking forward to learning new things.

Larry - Need a shot from outside looking in so we can see how many cars we can bring over for that tech day!

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Garage/Shop

We will be able to only put one car in the new garage at a time, but I have the other two place garage at the house. Now all I need is a way to come up with the money to get the lift installed in the new garage.

Carol has been more than patient with how much money I've spent on the garage but she says we need to rebuild the deck I had to destroy to make room for the garage first. Might have to go back to work for awhile. NOT!!!
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Garage/Shop

A little bit further ahead. The shop is sheetrocked and the ceiling in the garage is done. Starting the walls now. The 12 foot ceilings are not fun, but at least that part is over.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Larry - did you come measure my garage before building that? It's almost the same internal dimensions (from the looks of it) with the exception of the room to the side, which I wish I had. You gonna build a loft like I have too?

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"