Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor coming out

Motor coming out

Well it needs to come out, and a few things to go yet like ps pump,bars on body, and oh no the headers. it will be on a stand then the fun starts to find out what the noise is. anyone want to guess? you could win a prize. hint its loud and doesn't sound good.....jh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rod bearing.

Good luck John.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Looks to me that the carburetor was sucked into the intake manifold. Probably rattling around in there.

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

Quote Originally Posted by pbrown View Post
    Rod bearing.

Good luck John.
    Specifically cylinder #4

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I still think you should'a just raced it to find out for sure. But I'll go with #1 rod bearing in the corner pocket.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I went out and abused it the other day and it only got worse, so we will see. I have a vote for # 4 and #1 rod bearing. the winner will recieve a dicks deluxe berger...wow...jh

Patrick needs to be more specific then, I guess... and I think Jeff probably needs to quit his day job and go on the road. He's killing us with his comedy these days.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

The motor is out, what a nightmare when its done by myself, as much as one trys there is trans oil and antifreeze on the driveway. now to put it on a stand and see whats going on in there....jh

Motor coming out

JH, oil and antifreeze on the driveway? Sounds like you didn't expect that. Everytime I pull the engine, (and it's been several times on this ca), I just open all the valves and ports and let it run out in the garage. Quicker that way, just get it over with, it will end up there anyway. Kidding, but it sure seems that way.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Well the rods and pistons are out, the rod bearings don't look that good, still not sure what all the noise is yet...pulling the cam next, lifters look ok... jh

Piston slap? Wrist pins? Time to mic it all. How bad were the rod bearings?
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"