Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy - Ranchero's (again)

Thanks Roger. I'm firming up my plans for it to take place the 29th & 30th. Would it be helpful for the pallet to come directly to my house from the coffee shop? Also, we could use my little truck if that would be a help.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Gene,

Lets see what it is Kenny and Jeff receives, and when, and you and I can talk about it then.

I got out there and got it out of the ghetto garage and cleaned it up, but of course the crappy ethanol carburetor disease had hit and I'm going to have to pull the carb and rebuild it so it's able to go to your place and run well on the new engine. I've been starting it every month, but ethanol is not friendly to carburetors at all.

Font bowl:
    2019-06-15 15.50.36.jpg

Rear bowl:
    2019-06-15 15.50.29.jpg
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger, wow that looks like a lot of engine. Are you going to have to do anything to get the rear tires to stick to the ground?
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Quote Originally Posted by Luva65wagon View Post
    Gene,

Lets see what it is Kenny and Jeff receives, and when, and you and I can talk about it then.

I got out there and got it out of the ghetto garage and cleaned it up, but of course the crappy ethanol carburetor disease had hit and I'm going to have to pull the carb and rebuild it so it's able to go to your place and run well on the new engine. I've been starting it every month, but ethanol is not friendly to carburetors at all.

Font bowl:
    2019-06-15 15.50.36.jpg

Rear bowl:
    2019-06-15 15.50.29.jpg

Are there places over there that sell ethanol free gas? We have one in town. It's worth the extra cost in my mind.
    Scott Zimmerman

'65 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop, 289 V8

According to this website there are 314 places in Washington that sell ethanol free gas. I think I’ll try it next time.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WA
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Kenny managed not to drop it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff Watson
    Seattle, WA
    '63 Tudor Wagon (170 - 3 spd.)

dhbfaster: According to this website there are 314 places in Washington that sell ethanol free gas. I think I’ll try it next time.
    I don't see one place close by. I'm going to be trying this stuff to see if it works well. Reviews are really good and it might be about the same cost (ethanol free is more costly) in the long run.

20190620_102836.jpg

Jeff W: Kenny managed not to drop it!
    IMG_17621.jpg
    IMG_17651001.jpg

Gene and I are heading over to see Jeff and Kenny at Starbucks Headquarters tomorrow to get it, and I'll follow Gene back to his place with the Ranchero and will begin the process of doing the swap. Haven't seen anyone here raising their hands to come out and participate (which looks to be this weekend, the 29th), so should be interesting if it's just Gene and I. But it's a direct swap for the most part, so should go pretty smoothly.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Whaaaaaaaaaaa?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hilarious! must be an inside joke for the rebuilder.
    1965 Ranchero Deluxe
    factory 289 4 speed car

Or possibly the "RECEIVER" of the shipment with a weird sense of humor. That little "defilement" made the entire pallet almost fall out of the transport vehicle.

Gene Smith
    Fredrickson, WA
    '65 Ranchero Deluxe
    302, EFI, 4-Spd
    Granada Discs

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Hilarious! must be an inside joke for the rebuilder.
    Or something left in Jeff's hands too long.

Suffice it to say, the day didn't go well after this meet-up with Jeff (and his fine Starbucks history tour). As much as we shot for getting down south before traffic got too heavy - silly me to think there is ever a time anymore when traffic isn't too heavy. Maybe 2 AM. But not 2 PM. Made it to Pacific on SR-167 and I could no longer get the car to shift correctly. Like the clutch pedal throw was no longer correct. Scramble ensued to get off the freeway, trying another route, failed, ended up at Dairy Queen calling AAA and towed it to Gene's place. The bright side? The tow truck driver had to deal with the traffic.

20190628_162716.jpg

20190628_162734.jpg

By the time we go everything to Gene's, off-loaded and uncrated the motor, staged the car in the garage... we were both done. So the day begins tomorrow again at 9. Should be a better day of progress.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"