Thread: Sprung hood hinges...

Sprung hood hinges...

Does anybody have any (or know where I could find a good deal on some) used spring loaded hood hinges (probably 64-65) that they have extra? I put some from a 66 Mustang on my 61 Ranchero and I want to do the same for my wagon since I have no hinges right now anyways...

Thanks for looking.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

I have a set off a 65. I sandblasted them and powder coated them black. I could send a pic tomorrow if you are interested. Would like to get $50 out of them if I could. I live over in Sequim but Roger and I shuttle stuff back and forth quite often. Let me know Thanks Steve..

I had also picked up a set after Steve and I hassled with his repop 63 hinges. 64/65 hinges, I found, can be made to fit a 63, but I was tired of fabricating stuff and have 63 hinges, with springs, on mine for now. Will probably keep my 64/65 set for now just in case.

If you want Steve's, he can also probably ship them to you cheaper than ferry and gas travel.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Crap does that mean I should keep the ones I have and fit them to the delivery?? How did you do it??? My hood is working much better now that the frame is straight.

The hood bolt hole spacing is longer on the 63 than the 65 and I'm assuming for now the the 64 is the same as the 65. So, you'd need to make a longer slot on one end. Also the 65 uses two common fender apron nuts, but one is just a hole with no nut on mine (which means they must have already been preparing for the change over in 63). If they'd have put a nut in there, I might have gone for it. But the apron was all painted by then. Like I said, fabrication work I wasnt into, until I knew how my hinges were. And they are so so a go go.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"