Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mini Regional

Works great for me..

Which car should i bring over?
    Unfinished sprint or unfinished station wagon?

Both is not an option..

Anyone have a couch i can crash on? Lol..
    Nathan and Jen Cooper
    63 Sprint Hardtop "Dollora"
    63 Super deluxe squire wagon "Mayble"
    * this spot is vacant for future project*

Pull one with your F100!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I think I will be able to make that one, been looking forward to meeting other Falconauts

Wink Raffle Items

Kathy and I would be glad to run the raffle and organize the items. (that is of course as long as everyone gathers donations with all the effort of last year). July 26th works for us.

2015 Mini Regional

I was worried that the meet would conflict with Hot August Nights, but looks like the 26th will work great. Looking forward to a fun drive down there again. Hope we get even more cars this year. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Griots Mini-Regional

Mini- Regional July 26 @ 8:30 gates open for club. Confirmed.

Thank you very much Don for doing this legwork.

So now we can move forward and contact sponsors and vendors to get our goody bags and raffle products for a certain event. Steve, are you still game for making a few calls?

As discussed in the Jan 21 meeting we will be purchasing Costco dogs/polish, chips, and soda to offer up for sale at a value to recoup the cost. This will hopefully allow people more time to look at the cars that are there instead of heading out to find food. Larry and Carol (Badbird) have volunteered to get this and we'll arrange to transport.

We discussed making, perhaps, a poster this year instead of a calendar. We can fill it with images and other Falcon memorabilia. So hopefully Joanna will hurry up and get married so we can use her talents for this.

Everyone should search their stashes of parts and other automobilia for raffle items.

I will contact the national club to get this into the newsletter. Having a new graphic for this would be nice. I'm not sure we want to recycle the artwork from last year or not.

We can now post something on the home page, but the issue of the artwork may again prevent this.

We are going to be at the swap meet again this year too, so having a flyer for this needs to be done.

There may be things I'm missing , so if you have anything to add - please do so.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I'll start making my list. I'll need the current flyer and maybe some kind of photo from last year as well. It's good to show what happened on our first attempt. Also most vendors want some sort of "proof" that you are actually doing a show. Too many people trying to get freebies under false pretenses.
    The sooner I get this stuff the sooner the calls can begin, and the sooner the calls begin the better the chances of sponsors. I know I can't count on the same ones from last year and with a little ammunition from last years turnout I think we'll be able to up the game for this year.
    Also huge would be the national news letter ASAP. Maybe we can drag in some more out of staters and out of countriers.
    Cool let stay on top of this and really blow them out this year! We need to top 75-80 from last year. 100-150?????
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

Steve, there is a photo album on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3986836&type=1
    That can help with the vendors to proof that we have a show.

Perfect I didn't realize that was there and I even posted to it. Cool I can link that with the flyer and emails I send. Thank you.
    63 Sedan Delivery
    5.0 HO EFI AOD 8" rear

2015 Mini Regional

Fantastic news Don. Great job and glad you live down that way to help with all this leg work. Really appreciate everything you are doing. Hallelujah, the 26th works great for Carol and I.
    We will check on the costs of the hot dogs, buns, and colas and let everyone know the total.
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Now that we have the date pinned down I approached Joanna about doing the design work for post cards, web banner, dash plaques, etc. to promote the Mini-Regional. She's getting married in a few months and, as I suspected, doesn't have the free time to do the work.

Last years package looked very professional and I think that contributed to the great turnout we had. All these items just appeared to us but they do take a good chunk of time to come up with the design, gather all of the digital files, create the document, set type and arrange, proof it, etc. I do not have the time either although I am more than happy to do the legwork on ordering the dash plaques, getting the printing done, doing the mailing, or anything else for promotion.

Anybody know of someone who does graphic design for a living? Or maybe just has a knack for it?

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

I opted to give this a go and received all the files from Joanna for last year's documents. It's been a challenge to work with them, but I've done the web banner so far. I think it's OK to use, but need to see what everyone thinks. Of course, Joanna used her car - I used one of mine.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"