Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Drag Racing

Fantastic little car. Did you notice him getting the front wheels off the ground? Wow. Hope my car will run that good/fast. Cool and thanks for the video. Larry
    Larry Smith
    1964 Futura
    347 stroker

Did you see this one?

http://youtu.be/fNsYKF8FvpQ

Light and peppy.
    Don Bartlett
    Federal Way, WA
    61 Four Door Sedan
    144-6, 3 on the tree

Falkito USA

Quote Originally Posted by MacDee View Post
    FOUND IT!
    Here is a direct link on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlwQeKh5Uuk

It is interesting that this particular video was posted and discussed by Argentinian Falcon fans. The call it "Falkito USA", meaning "The little American Falcon".

The video was filmed at the Palm Beach International Raceway, which Wikipedia says is "a motorsports facility located west of Jupiter, Florida, opened in 1965".

I "liked" the video and commented to the Argentinians "Bravo! Ella es hermosa!" meaning "Well done! She is beautiful!"

It is amazing that the owner was able to coax that level of performance from a 200 six cylinder and also how he kept the outwards appearance of the car so little changed from stock. Go, little American Falcon!
    Last edited by ew1usnr; December 20th, 2015 at 05:01 AM.
    Dennis Pierson
    Tampa, FL
    "The Wonder Falcon"

'63 Futura Hardtop (260, Ford-O-Matic, bench seat)

Quote Originally Posted by ew1usnr View Post
    It is interesting that this particular video was posted and discussed by Argentinian Falcon fans. They call it "Falkito USA", meaning "The little American Falcon".
    I was actually suspecting that the car might be an Argentine Falcon. You'll notice the odd location for the front parking lights (in the grill), the odd-looking tail lights that it has, and the grill itself which looks kind of like a regular '63 grill, but not as "convex". I haven't done any research to verify, but I think Argentina used the round-body style into the later 1960's than we did here in the US. The Argentine Falcon also had a 221 cu in version of the little six. I saw one of the comments (in Spanish) that had both "200" and "221" within it, making me wonder if maybe this little Falcon has a 221 in it! One of the comments, however, in English, from, apparently, the owner, says it's got a 250 block with an Argentine head.

Gosh! I wish mine went like that!!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Quote Originally Posted by MacDee View Post
    It is amazing that the owner was able to coax that level of performance from a 200 six cylinder
    I remember a quote where you said the 'Classic In-lines' modified 200 was like driving a Saturn V rocket! I think you've since toned it down to keep it off the moon.

Last edited by Luva65wagon; December 21st, 2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Fixed the swapped quotes and addressed to Gary not Dennis
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Quote Originally Posted by BadBird View Post
    I would be happy if it ran in the 12's at around 105MPH.
    Larry,
    You have more HP than the little Falkito Falcon, so I'll predict your trap speed will higher. With the big slicks his probably launches a little harder that yours will, but, again I predict at least the same E.T. ... if not BETTER!

Go, Larry, GO!
    Gary MacDonald
    ROGER's...
    EX... '63 Hardtop
    Had...
    Scarebird front discs
    200 w/ CI alum head
    C4

Oops - I see I twisted Gary's words for Dennis's. Funny "quote" switcharoo. It was Gary saying his previously ascribed Saturn V rocket isn't quite getting the same results as that Argentine Falcon. As I look back and see, this was abouyt 4 years ago and so much has happened since then. My apologies.

http://www.rainierfalcons.com/forums...&postcount=110
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"