Thread: Newbie

Hello All. John here. I'm a retiree having recently moved from Michigan to Westlake Ohio. I currently have a 61 Falcon 2dr sedan with an I6/FOM drivetrain. My car started in California, then went to Utah and on to Ohio where I bought it. Rock solid body but a sick drivetrain. It does run/drive at this time. Have already picked up a Maverick 8in (4-lug) for the rear and have ordered a disc conversion kit for the front. Haven't decided yet whether I'll do the V-8 swap or rebuild the I6. I'm a long time rodder having sold my other toys (31 Ford 2dr sedan, 39 Ford P/U and 23 T-Bucket) due to my move to Ohio. Your site is terrific and I have already learned a great deal, specifically about the Scarebird disc conversion which I'm going to do. I look forward to learning alot more and conversing with the knowledgeable people on this site. John, aka Retiretoy.

Hi John. Welcome! Those 8-inch 4-lugs are getting hard to come by. I put one in my `62 and really like it. Here's some info on my website that might be of use:

http://www.redfalken.com/pages/rearend.html
    http://www.redfalken.com/pages/gaskettemplate.html

I really want to do the front disc conversion too but need to finish up a cylinder head first. Post some photos when you can!

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Thanks Redfalken

Thanks for your kind response. Let me put it out front that my computer skills are lame and sometimes I sound gruff when posting. Too old to change and don't mean to come off that way. That being said, The additional threads you provided were excellant. I've already learned a bunch from your site. All my past projects were GM and this is my first Ford-All-The-Way project. One of the worst things about moving is loosing all my sources and contacts for car restoration/building. Thanks again for your response.

John,

Having completed two Scarebird installs (mine and helping a local member) if you have any questions about this I didn't post in my threads or anyone else who posted, don't hesitate to ask. I know there's a bit of controversy over there on the TFFN about it, but it really has been a good kit and the parts are easy to find from a local parts house when the time comes to do a brake job again. Which as little as I drive the car now may be NEVER.

Oh, and don't worry about being gruff on occasion. It happens to the best of us.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"