Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 64-65 Parts Car

64-65 Parts Car

Not exactly sure what I am getting yet, but another customer of mine wanted a bumper coated. So I did it and he asked if I was interested in a Falcon. It has been wrecked in the front, but comes with 2 fenders and both doors?? Not sure if it is a saveable car or if I will break out my favorite tool and chop it up. Should have it by the end of the week. I will post pics and figure out what to do.
    So if anyone needs parts start putting the list together and we will see what we can do.
    By the way it is a 6 cylinder car so no 5 lug stuff.

We'll soon see Steve standing on the freeway exit with a cardboard sign:

Doghows Powder Coating
    Will powder coat for Falcons.

I'm always interested in wiring because I'll be fab'ing my own on the Ranchflaro. Dash, turn signal (connectors there are really needed) - if it's a 65 car with the alternator.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

I will know more on Friday. They are delivering it after work. So far I know it is a 2 door, not sure if it is a post or hardtop. Has two extra fenders, and a hood. The rest of the car is fine. I will look to see if it is repairable first and if not then we will part her out. Depends on how bad she got punched in the nose. I will take a good look and post pics on Monday and go from there...
    Roger I will give you first grab if we part her out as you helped me out a ton with the bard find!!

Well, I know if anyone can get something running - you can. So no worries. If it is a driver and can be fixed - we should looking to save Falcons - not get out the "special tools" and make them into Toyota's in a round-about way (AKA melting them down). So, looking forward to seeing it.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Roger that. Sorry couldn't resist.
    Definitely will try to keep her on the road. Maybe the wife will like this one instead of a wagon?? Or maybe fix this one and trade for a wagon??? Hmmm. Now the wheels are turning and it only took until Thursday.

Quick update. Still waiting for the delivery but got a call last night and was told it is a 64 2 door Futura. 6 cyl. auto I think? Now just need to see if it is a hard top or sedan... Lets cross our fingers for a hardtop!!!

No pics yet but the car is a loss. Wrecked very bad in the front.. Has a 200 6 in it and an auto. I got spare fenders, hood , and doors. The steering wheel broke off from the impact, sooo we are parting her out. Start your lists and lets get this one out of my dive way next.

Well don't keep us waiting.. a hardtop or a post. to bad its a chrusher, will a bent bumper work as a core?

Pictures

Ok here is the smashed up parts car. Roger the wiring is all yours. The front is a goner but the back half of the car is good for parts. Plus I got all the extra sheet metal for the front. Uni body is buckled so no sense in trying to repair it.
    Let me know you needs and we will use what we can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ah man - you could fix that! Piece of cake. Compare to a certain Ranchero - that's in pretty good shape.

Really though, they gave everything you need - right? Core support might be too fun and if the fender aprons are too smashed, it may not be worth it.

Sadly - it's a 64 - and the dash wiring still uses the early wiring styles with the generator and fuses on the headlight switch. I'll still take it for connector ends, but not much more I can use. Maybe the door mirror? It looks like the one I got off the Ranchero, which I like the style of.

The 64 front-end parts are a one-year deal, as is probably the steering box, so if they are good, they would be worth gingerly removing for resale. The trim looks decent too. And though they are not really hard to find - is that another grill on the truck lid? Should be able to make back some of your investment in powder on that deal.

Look like a lot of fun in your future... or your saws-all's future.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"