Thread: Booster and dual master cylinder

Booster and dual master cylinder

I recently installed disc brakes on the front of my 64 and I am looking for a power booster and dual master cylinder along with the proportioning valve. I have seen several in the engine compartments of quite a few falcons looking at the pictures on the Falcon Club sites but I can't seem to locate anything for show that I like.
    By the way my name is Larry and I haven't introduced myself very well. I retired from Boeing last year and I am re-building a 64 Falcon Futura 2 door hardtop. I built a rotisserie and it is being stripped to bare metal all over. I bought it for my son 14 years ago and then bought it back from him. I will send some pictures very soon. Thanks very much.

There are two options that I am aware of.

1) The Geo Metro booster/master setup. It fits and works okay but doesn't look right to me. It requires a small notch in the shock tower brace.

2) There is a combo from ABS Power Brakes that they claim will bolt in and clear the brace.
    http://www.abspowerbrake.com/AbsCatalogPag077.html

I haven't used either system. I just have a standard disk/drum MC.
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks for the information. I looked at their web site and I believe they have what I need. I sent them an e-mail to see what they have in the way of show appearance parts also. Thanks again very much

[quote=BlackFalcon;255] I built a rotisserie and it is being stripped to bare metal all over. quote]

Do you have a picture of your rotisserie? What plans did you use and what did it cost you? I am in desperate need of one on a low budget. I decided to go all the way. It was not my original intensions but one thing led to another! you can see by the pic why! Al
    falcon pict 017.jpg

rotisserie

I built the rotisserie by welding 3" square and round steel tubing. I made the support out of wood due to costs. It is working great and it has made it so much easier sanding and abrading the car. I have it down to bare metal over 90% and am now sandblasting the rest of the small areas that I couldn't sand. I should be done in about 2-3 weeks and then will be selling it. I have between $175-$200 in the steel and wood. I powder coated the steel and installed a steel plate on top of the wood support. There are holes drilled around the round section to allow it to be locked in at every 45 degrees.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (42.6 KB, 29 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (50.6 KB, 32 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (58.0 KB, 32 views)

Would you be up for building another rotisserie to sell ?

rotisserie

What car would you be putting on the rotisserie? I assume it's a Falcon? Maybe it will fit on mine and I will sell you that one. I also am using a framework built out of PVC for my sandblasting area inside my garage. I can post a picture of that if you are interested.

rotisserie

Here are a couple of pictures of the frame work and plastic I put up in my garage to keep the sandblasting mess at a minimum.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black falcon:I left you a personal message back when you posted the pics but I guess you didnt get it. Id be interested in it the whole set up once your done. Let me know what you need out of it. Al

rotisserie

I didn't see a personal memo but not sure if it is in this forum? Not sure how I can contact you but if you want to leave a personal e-mail address will send you some more specifics. Thanks Larry

Memory loss

Can any one tell me what year mustang dual master cylinder I need to use on my 65 wagon? . I know that the article was in the FCA newsletter awhile back and some other places, but ever since I told my son that he gets the wagon when he turns 16 he takes every magazine and newsletter I get and I can't find the article. I plan on keeping the stock drums front and rear for now.
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by melo-yelo View Post
    Can any one tell me what year mustang dual master cylinder I need to use on my 65 wagon? . I know that the article was in the FCA newsletter awhile back and some other places, but ever since I told my son that he gets the wagon when he turns 16 he takes every magazine and newsletter I get and I can't find the article. I plan on keeping the stock drums front and rear for now.
    Go to your favorite parts store and ask for a 67 Mustang MC with four wheel drums.

Tip: Go to www.partsamerica.com and print out the part info and take it to Schucks. They will match the price - $15.99.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=230&ptset=A
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Thanks Patrick for the information.
    Darren
    1948 Chev Sedan Delivery
    2006 Honda Element(Wifes taxi)
    1990 Dodge Cummins PU (350,000 miles strong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]