Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barn Find

Barn Find

OK Roger has officially rubbed off on me?? Ehr effected my thinking I should say.
    I found another Ranchero and I couldn't let it sit in the barn for another 22 years. Last registered in 1989. I pulled her out, cleaned her up and fired it up on Sunday morning with a little help from Patrick. (thanks again)
    She actually runs very well for sitting for so long. I need to fix the brakes and flush the fuel system as I just ran the car out of a gas can. But 90% of everything works.
    So the story is a guys son had the car in high school fixed it up in mechanics class, did all the body work. When he graduated from school he got a job in colorado and left the car here. His younger brother drove it for a bit and then rear ended some one. Brother got pissed and said park it, and the rest is history.
    So now I have it and will through a few parts at it and drive the snot out of it. So Roger I am ready to buy, beg, borrow, or trade for some of the leftover swap meet goodies. I'll send you a PM.
    Enjoy the pics... Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

More pics

More pics. Cleaned up a bit...
    Attached Images Attached Images

And I though I was crazy.

Actually, it is very solid looking. Score, I say.

I PM'd you, but I may not have much that good, but will keep looking.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

So I worked on the Ranchero the last couple weekends and she is running and driving well. Need to replace the tires and put on some stuff so Johhny Law doesn't get after me.
    Will try to make a trip to Rogers soon for some supplies.?. I hope to have her legal and safe by the 5th. I will bring the barn find to the show. (I Hope).
    My friend has a 65 Galaxy 500 and he wants to go with me as well, hope that is OK. So if anyone has any 62 front end parts or a tail light lens, don't through them out I will use them.

Steve,

You cruise out and we'll make a concerted effort to go though what I have and I'll decide on what to keep and you can take the rest and put on yours. Beside the wheels and tires, which you are welcome to, I'm putting on back-up style rear lenses in my Ranchero, so I still have the taillight lenses from the 63, which are in really decent shape. They are 3-hole and will work - unless you really want the 62 style.

I just finished up the body mods on my Ranchero this weekend (both passenger and driver side wheel-wells, and everything that was rotted outside and underneath, is all replaced now), so you can come have a look at that too, if you want. Just starting on the bed re-mod/repair tonight. So come on over and you can grab the wheels and left-overs from the swap meet for storage on your acreage instead of my square-footerage. You can come any day you want and if you give me a days notice I can work from home if you want to make it a week-day trip.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"
    powered by: 347ci stroker | Tremec T5 | 8" 3:45 TracLoc rear

Sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks for the help getting the turd back on the road. I will see what my days are like. Most likely will have to be a weekend. Maybe I will shoot over early Saturday and see what is up.. I want to try and get this going good enough to bring it to the car show on the 5th. I will need to park it in the Rat rod section though???
    Thanks again...

Ok here is the latest on the Barn Find... The PO has swapped out the motor for a 200 6 cyl. and the C-4 combo. I was glad to see that. Motor runs very strong and transmission seems to be working good, except the vacuum line from the modulator to the intake is missing. fixing that today. Getting the registration done today as well. If all goes good the rest of the week I will drive it over for the show on Sunday. Maybe I can park next to a finished one and people can see the before and the after??
    I will get a few more pics up and hope to see you guys on Sunday.

We'll find a place for it up in the Chevy section. Something's got to help them look good.
    Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"