Thread: The project begins...

The project begins...

Hello everyone,
    My name is Daniel and I am new to the site. I just purchased my first falcon a few weeks ago. It is a 1962 Futura 2-door. It is running a 170 with a 3 on the tree. I really like the vast amount of knowledgeable members on this site. I am sure I will be posting again soon when I finally start tearing the car down to redo it, and also help finding parts probilly starting with the bubble back window that was shot out years ago. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I will hopefully meet some of you soon.
    Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Welcome! You're right, there's a lot of helpful, knowledgeable people here so chime in when you need help.

I don't envy you having to find a rear window. I've got the early `62 as well and don't see those windows too often. Luckily I think the back glass from `60-mid `62 is interchangeable.

Hope to see you around sometime.

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Smile

Hey Kenny,
    You have a beautiful car. I have been snooping around this site and checking out your website for quite some time now. I have been looking for that rear window for a few years now. The window was shot out about 9 years ago when my uncle started the restoration and he got the running gear( rear end, brakes, transmission/clutch, motor) rebuilt and the interior pulled out, then the window was shot out and lost interest in it all together. So after 22 years of me telling him I want it I finally got it.

Thanks Daniel. I've always said if I came across a spare window I would stash it but I'll let you know instead. The Pick-n-Pull website has a search engine now. I would check that a couple times a week in case a 60-62 shows up and of course craigslist.

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx

Kenny Likins
    Ballard, Seattle, WA
    www.redfalken.com

`62 Tudor Sedan (`69 200, C4, 8-inch 4-lug 2.79 rearend, Duraspark II, MSD, Weber 32/36 DGEV)

Give these guys a call. They have two 61s and two 62s on their lot now. Maybe one has good rear glass.

http://www.allamericanclassics.com/ford.html#falcon
    Patrick Brown
    331 Stroker / T5 / 8" / Wilwood Disks / RRS R&P Steering / Megasquirt EFI

Hey Patrick thanks for the great idea. I finally got a hold of them and they don't have any glass in the yard. I will have to keep checking out there site for any new arrivals. I also just happened to find a complete 1962 a few miles from my house and it looks to have been sitting for at least 10 years

Welcome Daniel - Have been a little busy lately and seem to only check the site after midnight lately. When it's this late I tend to miss things for some reason.

It would be a shame to have to buy a whole car just to get the window, but as I've discovered lately - you sometimes gotta do what you gotta do. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress and offering a word or two of help if I can.

Roger Moore

63 "Flarechero"